Chapter 3

Raven

My eyes flutter open and as I slowly sit up. My head feels like it's splitting apart and the pain is so splendid that it's almost numbing my senses. I have a feeling this isn't just a hangover. Gale is getting back at me for drinking too much alcohol last night.

Well, screw you Gale!

"Like wise, Raven," she replies, her tone dripping with annoyance with a hint of anger.

I ignore her as I fully seat myself up and look at my surroundings. My eyes widen in surprise when I see a cozy and homey looking room. It's awfully plain with it's black, grey, and white colour scheme yet it is quite nice. It does have a TV, a walk-in closet, a connecting bathroom with a similar colour scheme from what I can see and it also has a balcony with two dark wood framed glass doors separating the outside world from the bedroom. The more I sit inside this room, the more in love I fall with it. But, even though I like this room, it makes me very uncomfortable as I look around it.

Memories of last night come crashing back and the only thing I can manage to say is,"Where the fuck am I?"

I mumble this angrily to myself over and over until the door suddenly bursts open. I jump a little, ready to attack anything that moves as I look over and see an asshole.

"That's not an asshole, that's our mate," Gale comments, almost sounding annoyed with me.

"As I said, an asshole."

Cal looks around before resting his eyes on me. His mouth curves in to a smirk when he sees me and he walks over to the bed.

"Hey," he casually greets.

"Oh damn, he still so gorgeous. His voice still sounds so amazing as well," Gale gushes, then begins squealing like a fan girl. Wolves feel the mate bond a hundred times more strongly than us so her reaction is quite normal but it gets on my nerves as she seems to forget how he broke both my heart and hers.

"Shut up," I snap before glaring at Cal in annoyance.

"There's a headache pill and some water on the table next to you. I thought you might need it since you were completely drunk last night," he says, pointing to the nightstand next to the bed.

I look at the pill and the water with disgust. It almost makes me feel sick. He thinks that he can give me a glass of water and a headache pill and I will just bow to his feet and suddenly I'll be grateful to him after he shattered my heart like it was nothing? Well, I don't think so. I turn my hostile gaze to him and his eyes widen slightly in surprise and shock at how heated it is. My head continues aching but not as badly as what Gale was doing to it so I'll survive.

"I don't need anything that you give me," I spit out as I stand up,"Why the fuck am I here?"

"Well, my pack needs a Luna and-"

I cut him off as I begin laughing but there is no humor in my tone. No, my tone is dripping with disdain and anger. The same two feelings he showed me when we first met. Yet, sadness is lingering in my tone too. You won't be able to hear it but it's there. I may be a bitch most of the time but that's only a front to hide my pain. I know I could still love if I tried; that part of me hasn't completely died yet but could someone even love me?

Tears begin to appear, so I quickly look down still pretending to laugh hysterically. I finally stop and look up once the tears are gone and glare at Cal.

"I can't believe your arrogance. You think I'll just rush into your arms when you ask me to? I don't think so. I'm leaving because you already have a perfect fucking Luna, fucking fucktard."