Chapter 6

Raven

I look at Brian with thankful eyes. He just saved me from an embarrassing explanation about why I kissed Cal, which was actually Gale's. But his words just unease me even more. What idiotic rogues would set foot on Cal's territory? He would slaughter them.

"Um. . .You came onto his territory so who is the real idiot?" Gale comments.

"I didn't know I was on anyone's territory so that doesn't count," I retort back at her.

"How many of them are there?" Cal asks, breaking me from my argument with Gale.

"Only three, Alpha. From what I've been told about them, they are all in their twenties, they're males and they also appear to be a travelling group since all of them wear matching black leather jackets," Brian informs him.

I freeze at the description of the three trespassing rogues. My heart even becomes still for a second or two. No way. . .

"It couldn't be them, could it? Gale, do you really think it might be them?" I whimper to my wolf, worry settling in the pit of my stomach.

"I don't know Ray. I really don't know," Gale replies, not easing my worry.

I abruptly stand up but become annoyed when both men, in their shock at my sudden movement, get in my way by unknowingly blocking the door. I growl in annoyance, no patience for this bullshit.

"Move," I say rather rudely, not caring about my tone.

They are too shocked to move so I barge past them, worry coursing through my body, fueling my anger. Worry is the more dominant feeling though. But hope resides in there as well. Cal and Brian follow me, recruiting Julie and some male pack members along the way. Once I'm outside the pack house, I sniff the air and immediately catch the rogues' scents. It tickles my nose with familiarity and tears well up in my eyes at the hope that it might be them.

"Do you have their scents, Luna?" Julie asks me with a hint of worry in her own tone.

I can't blame her for worrying about me. I am the Luna after all, it's literally every pack members' first instinct to worry about me. I nod absentmindedly at her words as I sniff out the rogues and their scents. One of their scents is the smell of pine and a nutty aroma that I can't quite put a name to. Another scent is that of strong mint. The last one's scent is very hard to make out. I can't tell if it's a spice or plant but it's mixed in with the prominent smell of earth. All their scents sting my nose with familiarity and my stomach tightens even more with hope, my worry subsiding.

I just want it to be them. Even if it's just one of them. It has to be at least one of them.

"Don't get your hopes up, Ray. Remember the last time we got our hopes up?" Gale comments.

How could I forget that day? It's burned into my memory like a permanent sunburn. Getting my hopes up just causes my heart to shatter and then there's nothing left to hope for except the welcoming grip of death. But I'm going to stay alive. I have to stay alive. I made a promise to myself never to end my life or die early, no matter what life throws my way. I will continue to live. I have to.

The scents get stronger so the rogues must be close by. I just get around a couple of trees when sight the rogues I have been searching for. Two of them have these dark locks of brown hair but one has green eyes and more softer features while the other has sharp brown eyes and more rugged features. The third one has wild locks of ginger hair and bright blue eyes with charming features. All of them were well-built with a look of mischief in their eyes. There's no doubt in my mind anymore. It's them. All of them. The tears are flowing down my pale cheeks as I stare at them in disbelief and joy, a smile stretching across my soft pink lips.

"Boys?" I call to them, my tone shaking with joy as more tears flow.

The three rogues look behind them, their mischievous looks vanishing as they stare at me with disbelief. Tears start forming in their own eyes but none of them fall yet.

The red head is the first to speak up,"Raven? I-Is that really you?"

I nod frantically and all three run towards me, tackling me in a giant group hug. I cry even more as they cuddle me close to them and refuse to let me go.

"Sissy. . .You're a-alive," they cry.

"I'm alive? I thought you guys were dead," I cry, unable to hold back my emotions.

Cal

I stared at Raven in confusion as she is being smothered by the rogues in a huge hug. And I had no idea what was happening.

"Why are they touching our mate? I don't like it," Clyde growls and suddenly he takes over my body.

I don't know what happens after that but when I finally realise that Clyde had taken control, I see that Raven is now held possessively in my arms.

I growl in anger as Clyde holds Raven closer to him,"My mate."

"What the hell do you think you're doing?! I hate her!" I yell angrily at him.

"But she's my mate so shut the fuck up!"

Raven looks up at us, her eyes filled with tears while a look of astonishment and shock accompanies them. She's surprised to say the least and I can't blame her, I've never touched her so affectionately. Well, it isn't me doing the touching.

"C-Cal, what are y-you d-doing? Let go!" Raven commands but her words are far more different from her actions. She wasn't even trying to get out of Clyde's hold.

"She's pathetic, Clyde! How can you love someone like her?" I ask, completely disgusted in him for loving a rogue.

"How can you not love her?" he gives as a reply making me frustrated.

Why does he have to be so confusing?!

"Um. . .Sissy, why is this guy holding you?" the brunet with brown eyes questions, glaring at me. . .well, Clyde actually.

Sissy? Are they related? But, none of them even look alike!

"Holding you too closely for that matter," the red head says, glaring even harder.

What the hell is their problem with me? I'm not even the one holding her, it's my wolf who is to blame. But, of course, Clyde makes the predicament worse by pulling Raven closer to him, practically cradling her in his arms and growls out,"Mine."

The three rogues growl at our closeness, their eyes set in furious glares.

I'm fucked.