Chapter 22

Cal

I wake up to nothing but silence as I open my eyes. My bed feels vastly empty without Raven being at my side. Even though a whole month has nearly gone by, her missing presence still left me feeling completely alone. Letting out a sigh, I get dressed and go downstairs. Once I am downstairs however all I hear is screaming coming from the dining room.

"But-" Sam is about to make a point until a loud screech pierces through the room.

I look around the corner of the room to see Sam trying to talk to a very angry Julie who is glaring up a storm at him while Thomas and Harry cower in fear behind him. In case you've forgotten, let me jog your memory - Julie is Sam's mate and the pack Delta. She is pissed off now because a week ago she found that she's almost two months pregnant. In our world, a small percentage of werewolf girls have a tendency to get extreme hormonal imbalances during their pregnancy. This causes them to have major emotional mood swings and their anger can be even worse. Julie is one of those girls.

"What the fuck do you think you're fucking doing, Sam? I asked you very fucking nicely to get me a burger and instead you're being an asshole who would rather sit around and cause shit while I have to wait for you to actually leave!"

Sam looks like a ghost from how pale he is as he tries to explain himself but is once again cut off.

"Stop fucking around with these two shits and take them out to get me MY FUCKING BURGER!"

They all nod as they scramble out of the room in a hurry, trying not to trip over each other as they rush past me and out the front door. Raven would have probably laughed at that display but I honestly wouldn't know anymore. She had come around only once since leaving and that was to see how Julie was doing during her pregnancy but I had been out on business when she decided to stop by. By the time I had gotten home, Brian had informed me of her visit.

But I didn't see the point in being sad about it. She would have been happier to not see me that day and that's all that matters. Besides, she's probably having a better time now than she could have ever had with me.

Raven

I groan as I throw up once more into the toilet, the action leaving an awful taste in my mouth. I am currently at Adela's apartment. Remember her - she's my friend who was with me at the party Cal had found me at. For the past month I had been staying with her until I could find a job and afford my own place. I didn't want to live alone in the woods when I had left Cal's so I turned to her. She was very supportive and was happy to let me bunk with her. She was at work at the moment which left me alone to spew my guts out.

I finally stop only to hear my watch alarm go off, signalling that all three pregnancy tests I took are ready with the results. I had been feeling like shit since I had left and since it's nearly impossible for werewolves to get sick due to our healing abilities I had settled on the only conclusion - I must be pregnant.

Gulping down my fear, I take the closest one to me and look at it. Positive. I take a look at the next one. Positive. I'm sure that this proves it but I take a look at the last one and I'm not surprised by what it shows.

Fucking positive.

I should be happy and I am but all I feel at this moment is sadness. I'm pregnant with Cal's baby and he doesn't even know. I'm conflicted on whether or not I should tell him but I don't really reach a conclusion. On one hand, Cal deserves to know. It is his baby after all. But, on the other hand, I am still not ready to face him. My feelings and emotions are one big mess and I don't know what to do.

I let my feet slump over the floor as I lie down on my bed and let the tears fall. This baby was going to born in a pretty fucked up situation and couldn't help but feel somewhat guilty about that. None of this is my fault but this isn't how I wanted to raise my child. I want to raise my child in a loving home and free from the burdens that I had when growing up. However, this child was going to be born in a difficult position - one in which their parents weren't in love with each other. That is definitely not how I pictured raising my child.

As I lay here, trying to figure out what to do, I hear the front door open with Adela calling loudly for me. She sounds scared and out of breath. This is enough to make me race to her as she stands in the living room.

"Adela, what's wrong?"

"I just heard from my pack that a group of hunters have started a war with werewolves. My pack is leading in the fight along with two others."

"Which ones?"

She is quiet for a moment, hesitant to speak as she softly replies,"South Equinox pack and Climax Night pack."

Climax night! As in Cal's pack!

I don't wait to let her finish her words as I race out of the apartment towards Cal's pack house. She calls out to me in a panic but I ignore her as my feet carry me to Cal's place.

* * *

I knock frantically on the front door of the pack house, hoping Cal will answer it soon. Adela's message had made me panic and it was that panic that had led me to make up my mind. Even though we don't love each other, Cal deserves to know about the baby. He couldn't leave for war without knowing.

I smiled in relief when the door starts to open but it falls slightly when I see Julie is the one who opens the door. Her hazel eyes are red and puffy while she also wipes away a few stray tears. She must have also just gotten the news and I honestly felt very sorry for her. I will also worry about Sam as well as Harry and Thomas as they go off to fight the war. I may even worry about Cal as well.

"Oh, L- Raven, what are you doing here?" she asks in a weak, shaky voice as she tries to hold in her tears.

"I heard about the war with a group of hunters. I came to speak to Cal, it's important."

She begins to cry and her sobs are very loud. I come closer to hug her while I look around for Sam to come and comfort his mate so I can go speak to Cal. He needs to know about the baby.

"I'm sorry, Ray. T-they- t-they-"

"What about them, Julie?"

I try to calm her down as she is too hysteric to even complete a sentence. Once she has calmed down enough to speak, her words leave me frozen.

"They already left for the war."

I collapse to the floor in disbelief, falling on my knees while Julie lets out a small scream in shock. I didn't mean to scare her but I am having a hard time processing her words. Cal was already gone and he didn't even know about the baby.