*Bonus Chapter*

Six Years Later

A child's cry echoes through the halls of the palace, stirring the conversation between the adults to a pause.

Jin halts from sipping his cup of coffee and sighs in exasperation. He already knows who that voice belongs to.

A little girl appears from the corner of the room with a fist rubbing her eyes.

"Yijin." You softly call out, setting your cup down. "Are you okay, sweetheart?"

Instead of answering, the three year old girl runs to her father and cries even harder in his embrace.

Jin places her on his lap and begins gently rubbing a comforting hand down her back.

"Is she okay?" You ask in worry. 

It's not normal for Yijin to cry out of nowhere. Mainly because she's the happy type of toddler. Seeing her out of her element brings an agonizing feeling in your chest.

"She's fine." Jin assures you as he tries his best to calm his daughter down. "Don't worry."

Just then, your son steps in and you take in his appearance. Ten minutes ago, his clothes were dry and neat. Now they look grimy, smeared with the shade of mud. Basically, his shirt's anything but white. And when his gaze lands on the crying girl curled in Jin's embrace, the glare on his face only intensifies.

And you catch this.

"Jungwoo." You call out his name in a stern tone but it isn't enough to faze him. "Did you two fight?"

The five year old boy, who resembles so much like Jungkook, gruffly huffs. "She wouldn't stop following me. It was annoying."

"So what did you do to her?" This time Jungkook speaks up.

With no remorse in his face, Jungwoo answers in a spiteful tone. "I told her to get lost."

"Y-you t-told me t-to dissapear!"

Jungwoo grinds his teeth together. "That's because you don't listen."

You can tell he's trying to hold back a yell right now.

Jin attempts to calm Yijin down but it backfires. "Now, now baby. That's not how you talk to your friend-"

"He's bad! He's bad! He's ba-" In obvious panic, Jin quickly stands up with his daughter's words now muffled against his neck. Then he looks at you with a half smile. "Thanks for having us over. Always fun catching up with you. We'll be leaving now."

"Wh-"

"I'll call when we return." He ruffles Jungwoo's hair on the way out and then he's gone.

You slump on the sofa with a pout. The only time you get to finally sit down and catch up with your best friend, this happens.

You spare you son a glance and gesture him to come closer. "Care to explain what happened, young man?"

He's doesn't avoid eye contact. Instead, looks at you straight in the eyes.

But it isn't the kind of stare that resembles a glare.

"Honey." Jungkook places a gentle hand against your back and gently leans in to hover beside your ear. "Let me talk to him. Stress isn't good for the baby."

You're due in a few days so everything should be okay as far as you know. A little trivial matter won't kill your unborn child. "I'm fine." 

"I know." He says. "But I'm not. Go rest."