Chapter 26

To say you were surprise with the kid's confession would be the least of your problems right now.

Today's your first day of work at 푸른은 나비가 (Puleuneun Nabiga) Hospital. While newly arrived Interns were given a tour throughout the building, you together with your partner Jin, were given a headstart, reporting for duty immediately.

With a clipboard in hand, and a smile on your face, you crease out your white coat before opening a patients room.

"Hello there buddy." You smiled to the ten year old Kid, before bowing to the parents standing on both sides of the bed.

Jin gestures the parents to follow him out to his office, while you slowly approach the kid, right after secretly shooting Jin a glare. You dip your weight beside him, sitting down, before flipping a page from your clipboard holding the informations about him.

"Ki bum." You hummed pleasingly before placing the board aside and facing the kid. "That's a nice name." The kid grins at you, showing off his missing tooth. "Thank you Noona!"

You ruffled his hair slightly before allowing your eyes to travel down to the cast on his foot. "Do you mind telling Noona how this happened?" Ki bum nods in responds, that cute grin of his still present as he tells his story.

-

"I guess I'll see you soon Ki Bum. Be careful next time okey? And always tell mommy before going out with friends."

"Ne~ Noona!"

The kid reminded you so much of your brother and Jungkook.

After walking the parents out of the hospital, you gave Jin a good smack on the head.

He groans. "What was that for?"

"You were suppose to entertain the kid not me!" You hiss under your breath, rolling your eyes to the side as you punch in the up button of the elevator.

It's not that you didn't enjoy your time talking to Ki bum, believe me when I say this. Children are indeed great stress relievers...some of the days of course. But the real reason why you're a tad annoyed, is because you've already had the medications needed for his treatment printed in your mind, ready to be informed to his parents. Turns out, all of your memorizing sessions went down the drain thanks to you know who.

Luckily, no one was occupying the elevator when you both stepped in. You scoff slightly watching your bestfriend wink at his own reflection surrounding the upper half of the walls.

"What? I'm Worldwide Handsome." You shrugged to his comment. "I didn't deny that."

The elevator opens with a ding. As the two of you step out, you suddenly felt a tug on your hand.

Looking down, you arch your brow before shifting your gaze to your bestfriend, who, let me tell you this. Had his attention In front, a stupid grin plastering his lips as if he had just not intertwined your fingers together.

"What are you doing?" He looks at you with outmost innocency. "Nothing."

You try to yank your hand back, but that only made him tighten his grip. "Jin le-"

A certain sound of something falling, makes its way up to your ears, cutting you off from your sentence.

Whipping your attention to the source of the sound, your eyes widens, not really expecting to see him here.

"Jungkook?"

Jin slightly loosens his grip on your hand, using that chance, you were able to retrieve your hand back. Just before you could walk up to the kid standing in front of your office, he runs away. You're left off gaurd, confused unto why had sprinted off just like that.

With that little time you had to examine him, you could've swore tears were trickling down his eyes. But why?

You ran after him, your eyes watching as he enters an elevator but before you could get to him. The heavy metals were already closed shut.

Your mind rumbles with thoughts, mostly with confusion, but at least you got one thing right.

He was indeed crying.

You knew you couldn't reach him even if your tried right now. He was probably already in the main floor, exiting the building.

Sighing, you turn your heel and made your way back to Jin, who was probably already in your office.

Your hands reaches out for the handle, turning it before stepping inside your office. You've never been here, considering it was your first day of work, so it makes sense.

"Did you get to him?" He questions, gulping down a bottle of water before plopping himself on a black leather couch resting beside the wall.

You shook your head, walking up to your front desk.

You unconsciously bit your bottom lip as you held up the beautiful bouquet of red roses, Jungkook had dropped a while ago. A card swinging from the side, catches your attention.

Norrowing your brows slightly, your lips unconsciously plasters smile as you read out the well handwritten words on it.

I hope you have a fun day at work today Noona! I'll be waiting for you at home. Don't forget to eat lunch okey? Or else I won't allow you to go back there.

I love you so much.

Sincerely From,
Your Handsome Kookie

You sighed frustratedly, carefully placing the flowers down before rubbing your temple, finally realizing something.

Right. He confessed to you pabo. That's why he looked hurt.

You wish you could just bury yourself six feet underground, rather than have this guilt eating you alive.

Why were you even feeling guilty?

I don't know. Maybe because the kid you've known finally confesses to you and here you were having been caught holding hands with another guy, and that you as a Noona, would never in a million years like to see your brother hurt?
Yes, you do have the right to feel guilty.

You admit you love Jungkook, but sadly not the same kind of love he feels for you. You see him more like a brother. Like Jihyun.

You groaned, scaring the poop right out of Jin. He catches his phone just on time before clutching his heart. "Yah!"

Aggressively, you ruffled your hair before stomping up to your bestfriend, pulling him out from your couch and practically kicking him out of your office.

Before he could even utter a word, you've already slammed the door of your office, in his face.