Prologue

Flashback:

USS George Washington, somewhere in the Pacific Ocean.

A pair of F/A-18E super hornets are currently on patrol and so far hasn't encountered any hostile target in the area.

Two pilots are now talking with each other on the radio.

????: Looks like it's going to be another uneventful patrol again.

????: "You got that right. Man this is plain boring."

????: Scuttlebutt must have made a mistake in giving an intel about these so called Sirens.

????: "You got that right. Nothing is registering on my radar."

????: Let's head back to the boat. I'm getting hungry already.

????: "Me too Maverick. I'm so hungry I could eat a horse."

Maverick: Right back at you Magnum.

Magnum: "God! I hope that it's not the usual meal again."

The two pilots head back to the carrier while still observing their surroundings. As soon as they see the carrier. Maverick decides to break his old record of five flybys over five air traffic control towers. No other pilot has ever been like Maverick. A lot of them doesn't fly like he does. Reckless and dangerous. That's how he flies. Even when it comes to women. He has made three high speed passes at three admirals' daughters.

But as soon as he lands, the hotshot pilot is going to get grounded and will be reassigned to Azur Lane as the new base commander. And he is going to meet the ship girl who has the same personality that he does. Both pilots are now within the perimeters of their strike group. While Magnum is in a slow approach. Maverick on the other hand is now going for his sixth consecutive high speed pass.

Maverick: Tower this is Ghost Rider requesting a flyby.

ATC Officer: "Negative Ghost Rider all routes are fully occupied. Flyby request denied."

Maverick: (Laughing.) *Sorry tower. Time to buzz you guys again.*

After that circus stunt flyby. Maverick gets summoned to Admiral Johnson's office. Expecting a sermon from his C.O. or commanding officer, Maverick follows the sailor who was sent to get him. They reach the admiral's office with the sailor leaving the former standing outside. He knocks on the door and hopes that he isn't going to be grounded this time.

Admiral Johnson: Come in!

Maverick: You wanted to see me sir?

Admiral Johnson: Maverick how many times have you been warned about unauthorized high speed passes?

Maverick: Honestly sir. I lost count already.

Admiral Johnson: Don't bullshit with me Maverick! You have been warned five times! Put in hack three times by me! This is your sixth time Maverick! I'm sorry! But I have to ground you for good this time! I'd like to have you dishonorably discharged. But I can't! The other strike groups don't want to send any of their best officers to Azur Lane. So I have fully recommended you to be reassigned as the new base commander. Maybe this will make you truly understand how it feels to be a fleet commander.

Maverick: Permission to speak sir!

Admiral Johnson: Go ahead Maverick. What's on your mind?

Maverick: Sir I know that I said this five times. But please let me just stay here rather than become a base commander sir.

Admiral Johnson: I'm sorry Maverick. But navy brass already accepted it. Maybe a change in environment might help you mellow down on your endless need for speed.

Maverick: Then I guess that means I don't have time to waste and I better start packing up sir.

Admiral Johnson: Yes. That is all. Dismissed!

Maverick: Thank you sir. It's been a pleasure serving under your command.

Admiral Johnson: Likewise Maverick.

Maverick leaves the office. He feels a little regret about doing another unauthorized flyby. Yet he's happy that he's the only one who has done it six times. While some of the other pilots are afraid to do it. As he prepares for his reassignment as the new base commander of Azur Lane. He begins to think of what lies ahead in his new position. And it is something that he hopes it is going to be a walk in the park for him.