Chapter 3 - Encounter With a Black Jet

As Maverick ends his self tour of the base. He decides to go back to the hangar and check his F-18E super hornet. He quickly refuels it to a full load that is good enough to last him an entire day of flying. He taxis his aircraft back to the runway and gets ready to take off. He doesn't look back and instead looks up at the sky.

 He doesn't look back and instead looks up at the sky

Maverick: *Well....... Even though I talked in a mild manner with those two girls who are German in lineage. I still hate being the base commander. Might as well do some aerial surveillance. This might help me forget about that silver haired girl earlier today."

Maverick gets ready to take off from the runway. He pulls the throttle and takes off with full afterburners.

The noise of his jet wakes up Enterprise. She immediately looks out the window of her room and sees Maverick in the air.

Enterprise: "Is he leaving me alone again? No! Willy! Please don't go!"

Enterprise starts running down from the second floor to the first. She then runs outside and heads towards the back of the dormitory. Thinking that Maverick is actually leaving the base for good. She desperately runs towards the beach and shouts her name. In a blink of an eye her riggings appear on her body while her anchor and the island formed a bow. Unknown to both the pilot and the ship girl. An unmanned Siren jet suddenly appears out of nowhere.

Meanwhile in the air traffic control tower. Atago notices two blips on the radar. She quickly presses the air raid siren and gives out a warning. Even though one of the blips is actually Maverick's aircraft. And is currently doing some aerial maneuvers.

Atago: Enemy aircraft sighted twenty kilometers west of Azur Lane headquarters. All available ship girls please investigate. This is not a drill! I repeat! Enemy aircraft sighted twenty kilometers west of Azur Lane headquarters. All available ship girls please investigate. This is not a drill!

The Siren jet appears on Maverick's radar. And it's directly behind his tail. This surprises the pilot a little.

Maverick: Where did you come from? So you're the much talked about Siren jet huh. Let's see if you can shoot me down before I shoot you first.

The hotshot pilot toys with the enemy jet for a while. Takao, who is in the tower also observes everything that is going in the air. Meanwhile, Honolulu, Washington, St. Louis, North Carolina, Akagi, and Kaga are now rushing towards the waters where Maverick is currently playing with the enemy fighter. Enterprise hurries to where the man she thinks is one of her pilots is located. Maverick on the other hand is actually enjoying what is going on.