Chapter 12 - Request Denied

While driving back to the office, Maverick decides to forego his decision to resign as base commander. He turns his car around and goes back to the airfield. Driving towards the hangar, he sees that his aircraft is completely out of missiles. So far he hasn't used its internal cannon. He stops his car and gets off. He taps the aircraft for any loose nuts and bolts. And for loose wiring, rivets, and screws. After that he goes back to his car and drives fast towards the headquarters. As soon as he arrives, He sees Enterprise bringing a full meal in his office.

He goes inside and looks around to see if Prinz Eugen is lurking in the shadows. When he sees that the coast is clear. He walks towards his office. Just as he is about to go in, Enterprise is on her way out. The silver haired ship girl gets surprised to see the hotshot pilot right in front of her.

Enterprise: Good afternoon commander. I didn't know that you came back already.

Maverick: Actually I just arrived a few minutes ago.

Enterprise: If you don't mind me asking sir. What took you so long in coming back?

Maverick: I received a distress call from my former wingman. I had to help him shoot down a few Siren jets.

Enterprise: The Siren jets appeared again? How come the base was not alerted?

Maverick: They appeared over international airspace. But the battle almost occured near our airspace. Now if you don't mind Entey. I would like to have lunch right now.

Enterprise: I have prepared a meal for you sir. It is two slices of pork chops, a little buttered corn on the side, three slices of bread and mango juice sir.

Maverick: Three slices of bread huh. Definitely the typical American meal. Entey remind me to order rice from the Philippines. It's not that I don't like bread. But I prefer having a meal with rice for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I don't want to eat bread always. I already have a lot of it back at my carrier strike group.

Entey: Yes sir. I will put it on priority on the next request for supplies for the base sir.

Maverick: Thank you.

Enterprise: You're welcome sir.

As Maverick eats his lunch. His former wingman and best friend Magnum is currently lashing out his new wingman. The reason, bugging out in a time when they're on the midst of a possible dogfight. And sure enough, he decides to heed Maverick's suggestions of recommending his wingman to be the new base commander of Azur Lane. However he has to wait for Maverick to resign before getting reassigned there.

Back at Azur Lane, the hotshot pilot had finished eating his lunch and is now eating the chocolate that Prinz Eugen gave to him. Minutes later he starts looking at the things he listed. He double checks the list to see if he missed out on anything that needs to be listed before leaving next week. Just as he is about to finish eating the chocolate. Akagi decides to come over and see the commander. She gets surprised to see Enterprise working in front of Maverick's office.

Akagi: Ara Ara..... The great Enterprise doing secretarial duties. Have you been demoted from your official rank?

Enterprise: Don't start a fight with me you fox bitch. Why are you here? And what do you want with the commander?

Akagi: Ara Ara..... Feisty as always. I want to know the new commander and give him a welcoming present. (Shows her a plushie of herself.)

Enterprise: Let me check if he's awake. He just got back from a fight so I assume that he must be tired and sleeping soundly by now.

Akagi: I hope that he and I can become good acquaintances.

Enterprise: You wish. If you try to seduce I will send you back to your grave near Midway Island.