James

I haven’t updated in such a long time- I’m so sorry! I’ve been really busy with school and personal things, so I haven’t had the time! But this story has reached over 2K reads which is insane; I can’t thank you all enough.

I have also changed the writing style of this from first to third person as I find it easier to write like this, so I’m sorry for any inconvenience it may cause >//<

~*~

It was Sunday, and for once the sun was out of it’s hiding, warming up the land. Dan had his hands shoved in the pockets of his hoodie as he walked over to Phil’s house. Once arriving at the home of his boyfriend, he rapped on the door and waited. The door opened and he was greeted by the kindly sight of Phil’s mother.

“Oh, hello Dan! How are you?” she enquired, a warm smile upon her features.

“Oh, I’m fine Mrs. Lester. Is Phil in?” he replied.

His question was replied with a thundering down the stairs as Phil sprinted down, coat on over his t-shirt, converse on his feet, beanie on his head. “Bye Mum! Back soon.”  He kissed his mum on the cheek and all but dragged Dan out of the house. Once outside he looked up at Dan, a crooked smile gracing his face. “Hiya, Bear.”

Dan smiled back at his beautiful boy. “Hey, yourself. Up for an exciting and exhilarating adventure into the wilderness that is the edge of our fair town?” he teased.

Phil snorted and nodded. “Sure thing. Lead on, Macduff.”

~*~

With gravel under their feet, Dan and Phil strolled hand in hand through the abundance of trees, grass and flowers (with the odd pond here and there) whilst birds sung to one another like a slightly off-tune choir. Phil rested his head on the taller’s shoulder, a contented sigh escaping his lips. Dan glanced down at his boyfriend and pressed a soft kiss to the top of his head. “Mm, I love you, y’know?” he muttered into his soft ebony hair.

“Mm, don’t blame you.” Phil replied jokingly.

Dan breathed in a mocking gasp of feigned offence. “Oi, you git!” he exclaimed, hitting Phil playfully on the shoulder. Phil lifted his head and pressed a tender kiss to Dan’s lips. “I love you too.”

“There’s a lake up ahead. We could sit by the side of it, if you want?” Dan offered.

Phil nodded in agreement. The couple continued to stroll in comfortable silence, until a startled cry broke the quiet, making Phil jump and grab Dan’s arm. “The fuck was that?” Dan murmured, a strong arm around Phil’s waist.

“James!”

Phil shuffled closer to Dan, burying his face in his other’s chest.

“It’s coming from by the lake, Phil. Should we…?” Dan considered his words. “We should go and see what it is. Come on.”

The two cautiously ventured forward until they were met by the sight of a tall, frantic blonde who looked on verge of a brakedown as he ran backwards and forwards, collecting sticks.

“You alright there?” Dan cried out. The boy, who looked around 16, looked up at Dan, his blue eyes rimmed with unshed tears.

“Fuck no. Could you help-?” the blonde was interrupted by a frantic, high-pitched cry.

“Bloody hell, Seb! Hurry up!” The three boys turned to the source of the call and were met with the shocking sight of another boy stranded on a rock towards the middle of the lake. “You may not be aware of the fact that I can’t swim and that I’m not looking forward to spending the rest of my life on this godforsaken rock, in the middle of the lake, might I add; but no. I can not swim and am not enjoying this at all.”