Peach Coloured Sky

A few hours and many shared jokes and soft kisses later, Dan and Phil decided to start to head back home. They stood up, dusting off the dry grass that clung to their trousers. They traded friendly farewells and swapped numbers with James and Sebastian before turning and leaving.

Dan and Phil walked side by side and hand in hand, their footsteps synchronised and the atmosphere around them peaceful. Dan inhaled a deep breath of the fresh and coldening air, tilting his head back and looking at the sky. Phil turned his head a bit and watched Dan, smiling softly to himself. He took in every detail of the taller boy.

He still couldn't believe it, sometimes.

He still couldn't quite fathom that he was so goddamn lucky to be dating such a beautiful person.

Phil was still looking at Dan by the time the latter had opened his eyes again. Dan grinned, laughing softly to himself as Phil became aware that Dan had caught him staring. He blinked his blue eyes three times in quick succession, in surprise.

"It's beautiful tonight," Dan murmured, looking up again. "the sky."

Phil nodded. "It is." he agreed, voice filled with awe for the natural wonder.

"I love the sky." 

Phil gasped softly.

 "Dan! I know a great place where we can watch the sunset! Come with me." Phil said quickly and excitedly. He started to walk quicker, leading Dan. 

A short five minute journey landed them at the top of a small, undisturbed hill with a single oak tree. Dan looked at it and grinned. "It's perfect." he complimented as he and Phil sat down. 

They stared out at the sky, watching the pinks and oranges and reds intertwine and mingle, creating what seemed to be a massive work of art suspended above earth.

They sighed in content as Phil snaked an arm around Dan's waist and Dan did the same to him. 

Eventually, Dan broke the silence. "Hey, Phil."

"Hm?"

"You told your mum. Didn't you?" Dan asked. Phil replied with a nod. "And what did she say- how did she react?"

"Well, at first she was quiet. Shocked. Then she sent me to my room so she could 'think about it'," Phil started, making quotations marks with his fingers in the air. "I was in my room the rest of the night. I was gutted. I'd always thought my mother would accept me, y'know? But then she came into my room. And she told me that I was her baby, and that no matter who I loved, as long as they treated me right, she would fully support me relationship. And that she'd always love me."

Dan smiled, kissing Phil on the lips softly. "Good," he whispered, "I'm happy."

"And I'm happy too."

But when you attend a school in which you're not socially accepted, happy isn't an emotion you feel all that much.

I'm not too happy with this- it's kinda sorta more of a filler. But it's summer! So hopefully I'll be writing more. ~J