8

"Wow, this bitch really is a pain in the ass," my sister said over the phone. "Classic spoiled brat, yandere type. Kito is her 'senpai' and she's prepared to kill anyone in her way, including you."

"I know," I said, picking up a cantaloupe and looked for dents in the fruit. "I really didn't care before if she killed me but Kito would probably shoot himself if I did so I can't. You'd probably do the same after avenging me, no doubt."

"In other news, Mom is going broke," she said. "Yeah, she called me the other day and left a message begging for money until it went to her demanding it. Dad went to prison and she got cut off."

"She's gonna come to me," I said. "Actually, I don't think she remembers I exist. I may be saved."

"No, she remembers you, calling you ungrateful and what-not," she said. "Would you believe that they want to keep me out here for another three months? Like I've already been here two, why do I need to spend another three here?"

"Then stay, do what you do best," I told her, walking down the isles. "There's nothing special to come home to anyways."

"I wouldn't get to see my brother," she pointed out. "Making sure you aren't being held, hostage."

"Olivia, you would've had a gut feeling if I was," I said. I checked out while telling my sister that I wasn't being held hostage until I got outside to Fury. I took the bags and walked down the block to my house to find my mother about to ring the bell. "Hello mother, how can I help you?"

Fury growled at her presence as I unlocked the door.

"I was looking for you, actually," she said, giving a side-ways glare to the dog. "How are you affording to rent this house?"

"I'm not renting it, I bought it," I said ushering the dog and her inside. "Kito, I brought groceries. And we have a guest."

"I'll be right there," he said back. His voice was coming from the bedroom and I placed the supplies on the counter to be put away later.

"How are you affording living like this?" she asked.

"I got insurance money after almost being killed at school," I said. "If I had sued, I wouldn't even be here, I'd be studying abroad. But none of that is important. What's up? Why come all the way to my house to visit when you honestly have no interest in raising me?"

"I'm going broke, Ryan," she said. "I'm going broke and I need your help."

"Kito and I make enough to support the two of us plus Fury, we're not giving you any of it," I said. "Why not get a job like the rest of us?"

"Listen here brat, I raised you and the least you could do is help me at my lowest," she claimed. I rolled my eyes as I sat on the couch by the dog. "And who the hell is 'Kito'.

Kito walked out of the room and looked from my mother to me and back.

"Kito, this is my mother, mom this is my boyfriend," I said, introducing the two. "Before war takes place, Kito, could you put away the groceries please?"

He nodded without a word and glared at my mother as she glared right back. These two are gonna tear apart my house if this continues.

"Mom, is that the only reason you came, or is there something better?" I asked.

"That's all," she said, turning towards the door. "Ryan, be ready to watch your back. I don't like being told no by someone I raised."

"I wouldn't either but at least I wouldn't be as shit at parenting as you were," I replied. She walked out the door and slammed it as she left. I sighed as I turned to Kito over by the kitchen. "I'm sorry I let her in. I had hoped she wasn't just digging for money. Please stop glaring at me like that."