9

A full week into my recovery and I have most of my other motor skills back. I can talk, eat, and walk again through I need a crutch to walk meaning that even though I'm out of the hospital, I'm not supposed to go anywhere. Not like Kito or Olivia were letting me go anywhere in the first place. The two of them are basically on shifts at watching me like I was a baby or a rare project to be taken care of but I could take care of myself if they let me. I love the two of them, but they are being way too protective of me, it's scary. 

So here I am, home, alone for the first time in a while besides Fury with my injured foot on the couch while the other swung to the ground and I sat with a bag of chips while watching the TV until my show was interrupted. 

We interrupt this program to bring breaking news. Mara Whittaker and Gang leader Alejandro Crossfire have escaped their cells from prison by...murdering their way through guards and are now on the loose. They are considered dangerous and heavily armed. Please stay alert of these two and stay off the streets if you can. These two are after someone and they will stop at nothing to get there. To the person, these two are after, good luck but this is a threat not to be messed with.

I rolled my eyes as my phone lit up with a call from my sister and boyfriend at the same time. I picked up both of them at the same time. 

"Ryan, you saw the news right, I need you to get to the panic room, now," my sister told me. "The guards outside the house won't do anything between these two."

"Ryan, listen to your sister, I can't have you dying, please" Kito begged. "Go to the panic room, I'm on my way."

"Just let them come for me so this can all be over with," I said. "Those two will tear apart this town until they get to me and then they'll realize what they've left in their wake and this can end already. I'm sick of making my life the damn reason everyone gets into trouble. Just let them come for me."

"Ryan, if I wasn't so goddamn far from you I'd slap some fucking sense into you," Olivia said. "How dare you say that about my brother? I like protecting him, risking my life for him, it's what an older sister is there for. So, listen to your sister and get your butt to the panic room. I'm on my way."

"Ryan, please, just go," Kito pleaded just as there was a banging at the door. 

"I guess it's too late now," I said into the phone as Fury growled relentlessly towards the sounds. "I'm gonna hang up now."

I hung up on the two of them and called 911 instead. 

"911, what's your emergency?"

"I'd like to report two convicts on the run," I replied, listening to the door be bashed on. "23 Saviour Drive. I'd suggest sending parameters to my location but I'll probably be dead by then."

"Sir, who am I speaking to?"

"The one that the escapees two are after," I said as the door gave in. "Ryan Crossfire."

---

I blinked open my eyes to be met with a familiar room before I started choking on the tube in my throat. Someone came in and pulled it out and I was able to breathe again. 

"Ryan, Ryan can you hear me?" a familiar voice called out. My tongue felt heavy and dry in my mouth so I resorted to nodding towards this person. Someone told me to follow a light that was shone in my eye and I heard someone say something I didn't quite catch before they disappeared. As the room finally started to register and I could make out blurry figures, I found Kai's blurry outline before my glasses were placed on my face for me. I blinked a few times before smiling at Kito. "If I wasn't so damn happy to see you, I'd most likely be pissed to hell at you."

I noticed there was a bit of fuzz on Kai's normally perfectly shaven face. 

"H-ho-how..." I tried to stutter but my throat was way too dry for this. Kito handed me a cup of water and helped me drink it till I felt suited enough to talk. "How long was I out?" 

"2 months..." he replied quietly. "I didn't spend all my time here, I-I did got to school like you would've wanted an-and Olivia did take up that mission she wanted. She did come back, I-I'm-I'm gonna call her in a minute but Ryan..." He took in a sharp and shaky breath as he continued.  "You were found in critical condition and barely survived the drive to the hospital or surgery and then you were put in ICU for a few weeks before your vitals were steady again. You stayed in a coma for a month afterward. What were you thinking that day? You could've died and it would've hurt more than this did."

"I wanted to stop the hurt once and for all," I replied. "You and Olvia have been through so much for me and it caused you two so much pain that I wanted to just take away the source of the pain. Like I always did."

"You are not a pain," Kito said, clutching my hand. "You will never be a pain. You're a treasure to me and I fought a war to get that treasure and I'm not letting it go now. I'm greedy, I'm sorry for that. but this was a well-earned prize so don't you ever tell me what's best for me. Because losing you is not one of them."

"How do you know?" I asked.

"Because when you left me alone for just 2 months, I couldn't shave because my hands shook too badly and I finally understood why you picked up a knife and cut your wrists," he said. "D-don't worry, I didn't actually cut myself. I almost did but-"

"But you'd be doing the same thing you promised to save me from," I finished for him and he nodded shyly resting his head on my hand. I shuffled the hand from under his head to rest on top of his head and I reached on my side table to find my phone there though there was a second phone there that wasn't mine or Kai's. "Who's phone is that?"

"It's yours, they both are," he replied. "I bought you a phone and case for your birthday though you were still in a coma at the time. I had already ordered it before you went under so I just left it there for you."

"You're the sweetest," I said. I picked up my phone and called Olivia and just hearing my voice was enough to send her flying towards the hospital. She arrived like 20 minutes later as Kito was feeding me mashed potatoes, jello, and corn because one of my arms felt weak. Olivia captured me in a hug the second she saw and by that, I mean she literally wrapped her arms around my upper body while I was still in the bed. She kept saying 'baka' over and over like it was the only word she knew. 

"You made my thing you were dead," she said finally. "I took both assignments but I thought I had left-no-lost my brother back home. I hate you and I love and if you do this again I might not come back."

"You'll come back, you always do," I said. "I need you too. If you come back, then I'll be here waiting."

"I promise the same, Ryan, I promise the same," she replied. I enjoy this happy ending. If you can really call it that.