Chapter 12: Who And Who?

Author's Note:
Ok so guys just for your information it's going to stay Gerard's POV for the rest of the book unless stated otherwise.
***

It's been 2 months since me, Frank and Ray arrived in Oregon. These 2 months have been extremely uneventful. Ray still cries at night. I still miss normal life. I must admit though, Frank is not as bad of a person as this whole thing would make him out to be. He's actually very kind and loves conversation. I try to be friendly, of course. I've talked to him multiple times. He talks about himself mostly, but he will ask me questions. I've found out that he likes to play guitar. It used to be one of his hobbies. He's asked me what I like to do other then painting. I said singing and writing are two of my other passions. He found that very interesting.

He's also asked about my family. I told him a little about them. I told him about Mikey. He said that he had seen pictures of me and him back at my house. I started to cry again and he held me until I stopped. A little while after my tears stopped falling I fell asleep on him. And here I am now. On the couch. Staring at a blank wall and missing my only brother. Frank is in the kitchen making lunch. Most likely sandwiches as he's not the best chef.

I wait for a little while and stare at the wall a little more. Nothing really passing my mind. Frank comes back into the living room. Two small plates on a tray, another plate in his hand. He sits the tray down on the coffee table. I notice something propped under the plate on the left, my plate. I lift up the dish and pick up a picture. It's of me and Mikey. Not too long ago. Maybe 6 months or so. It was sitting on the table in the front hall. The table with an expensive lamp that Frank broke. I smiled, at him and his goofy glasses. I miss him.

Frank walks back in from handing Ray his sandwich. "You know, I decided I'd grab that before I left. I don't know why I did it but I chose to." He said, causing me to jump.

"I'm glad you did. I miss him." I say staring at the picture for a second longer before picking up the PB&J infront of me and taking a small bite out of the corner. I continue chewing on the sandwich when the doorbell rings.

Both me and Frank jump, surprised as we were definitely not expecting anyone. Frank stands worriedly, grabbing his gun off the coffee table before walking his way to the door. He holds his right hand behind his back as he turns the knob to the door. I watch as a confused expression passes across face before he is engulfed in a hug by a man not much taller than him. The man had thick black hair and that was all I could tell from my angle other than his unmissable tan.

I watch as they converse, Frank facing me and the mystery man still standing in the doorway. I watch as they laugh for a moment, Frank's face lighting up just in time to fall. He looks past the man and out the door. The man looks behind himself following something with his head until a boy, about Frank's age, with dirty blond hair peeks his head through on the right side of the dark-haired man.

"Pete, what's he doing here?" Frank directs his question to the older of the three, leading me to assume that his name is Pete, but as he does this he points to the dirty blonde boy.

"Oh, Patrick? I decided to show him Oregon when I came to check up on you." Pete stated as if it was nothing. Shrugging it off, he walked into the room going straight to the kitchen. "The fly here was exhausting. I'm starved, too. How bout you Patty?" He asked the blonde, who I could now put a name to.

Patrick shook his head, looking very awkward and out of place. Pete pulled him into a hug and whispered something in his ear. Patrick nodded and smiled a little. I decided I'd turn back to the TV as I was starting to feel creepy watching them.

Frank plops himself next to me, surprising me by nuzzling his face into my shoulder. He made a frustrated sound, like any teenager would make. One reason they annoy the shit out of me. I take his hand and rub it soothingly, something I  have never actually done. He's done it multiple times with me, so this time I decide to try to calm him.