Chapter 9: Discovery

I wake up to the alarm I had set, as Gerard and Ray just mumble before turning over. I laugh at them, shake my head then start heating up 3 donuts, that I pulled out of the box that was resting in my car for the past days, after I eat one to make sure they are at least ok for consumption, in the small microwave that the people who own this hotel sat in the corner of the room.

I wake Ray up first and hand him his donut, he smiles at me thankfully and I nod. I start to rummage through the bag that holds Gerard's stuff and pull out some clothes and a towel from my bag for him since he fell asleep before taking a shower last night.

I nudge him a few times before he groans and turns over onto his stomach, shoving his face into the silk covered pillow that he slept on all last night. I nudge him again before speaking up, "Gerard, you need to get up and take a shower. You fell asleep before you got the chance to take one last night" he groans again and sits up. I hand him his donut and he thanks me quickly and quietly before nibbling on it. He eats about half of it before he throws it away and heads for the shower. I wait for about 10 minutes before starting the coffeemaker that rests next to the small microwave and wait until I hear the shower cut off before I pour a few cups. One for myself, one which I hand to Ray right away and two for Gerard. I sip from the cheap substance but smile to myself as soon as I feel the warm liquid slip down my throat. It instantly brings back a very different, yet still soothing warmth to the one that I had been missing ever since I forced myself move away from Gee.

He walks out fully dressed, hair still slightly dripping and face looking more tired than when he woke up. I handed him his first cup of coffee, which he nods at, seeming very appreciative, before draining the small styrofoam cup and looking slightly saddened that that had been all. Smiling at him I hand him the second cup and almost immediately after I do so he brings this cup up to his lips before swallowing and bringing it back down, sighing at the glorious liquid caffeine.

I smile at him then turn towards Ray, "So, what are you planning on doing after we leave?" I ask. He shrugs before thinking through what he might possibly do, then speaking up.

"Um... I'll most likely hitch a ride with someone else and keep moving or something. It's unlikely that I won't stay for long but if I can't get a ride today I may stay another night or 2 and rest" he says, shrugging again while Gerard sends me a questioning look. Obviously worried about my intentions are here and most likely still worried about Ray killing us.

I nod, "You could come with us again if you'd like." I say, know good and well that that is the exact opposite of what Gerard wanted me to say, but I do need to make sure he still knows I am in charge here and that he has no say in anything unless I give him one. Honestly, I know I've been way to sweet and kind towards him on our little trip so once we get to our new home or at least when we get rid of Ray, if he's still acting like this, I'll buckle down and put things back into place.

We all pack our things after getting dressed and start doing whatever else we please. I, of course, keep as close of an eye as i can while putting everything that was missed into their designated bags, on Gerard to make sure he doesn't do anything stupid. He just sticks to drinking a few more cups of coffee and watching me scramble around making sure that we have everything before grabbing the bags and running the down to my car at about 9:45. I run back up, grab the boys and we walk back to the shiny, black four-door that I'm proud to call my own.

Ray jumps into his seat in the back and Gerard slithers into the passenger seat, while I walk around the front of the lovely car and slip into the driver's side while twisting the keys to start the engine.

"So, where are we headed now?" Ray asks simply.

"Wyoming" I answer his simple question with a simple answer because it needs no more and he just nods and turns, beginning a conversation with Gerard about some comic book.