Chapter 6: Running

~Dream~

I sit in the front swat of my very own black Chevy Impala, Gerard handcuffed to the passenger head rest as we drive all the way Oregon where Pete has let me use the house that his mother gave him when she passed away.

I had just pulled onto the highway when Gerard regained consciousness and proceeded to freak out. The look of fear was present and highly evident on his face as he made no attempt to hide it. His breathing picks up almost mimicking the pace I take on when I'm having a panic. He's obviously having one but hasn't started to cry and he probably won't, for that would be showing emotion. I turn to look at him for just a second, hoping to calm him when it happens.

The car swerves and runs off the highway. I panic and attempt to get it back on track and away from the rail but I'm too late. We run straight into it and it totals my car. I'm fine for I had my seatbelt on and the air bag went off nicely but when I check Gerard, I instantly see that he's not breathing. I climb over the slightly crushed center console and uncuff the man I have fallen for. I grab his scrawny and white left wrist and search for the thump thump that indicates a pulse. I find a vague one and begin CPR.