Chasing my heart

Grace's POV

I heard lots of beeping around me I could barely feel my body I opened my eyes and I heard someone say “shes awake” I closed my eyes again the light was too bright and it really hurt my eyes I blinked a few times trying to get use to the light I had no idea where I was or happened I had something in my nose which was bothering me a lady walked in her voice sounded familiar she looked at me and said “i'm your doctor Dr.Sarah Montez do you remember anything” I struggled to let out a “no” my voice was gone she looked at me and said “do you know what your name is?” I whispered grace she smiled and said “what year is this?” I said “2014”. “do you know how long you've been here?” I said a “few hours” she shook her head and said “no honey you've been here for 6 months its january 9 ,2015” I looked at her and said “i've been here for half a year” she nodded and said “you were in a car accident your very lucky to be alive” I felt shocks of pain in my head and I remembered something I looked at her and said “carter where is he?” she sighed and said “i'm really not suppose to tell you honey but hes in jail i'm not sure why though, He was here every single day before he got arrested which was only a few days after there are three guys tho a girl who come and visit you at least three times a week especially the girl her names sara I believe” I looked at her and said “I need to leave now” she shook her head and said “no honey you have lots of therapy to go through there's lots of test we need to run now that you're awake and we need to help you so that your body can function normally theres things you're gonna have a hard time doing like walking maybe eating etc also there will be a therapists coming in and out to check on you and see how your doing its just part of the whole process.” I shook my head and said “no I have to go please” she shook her head and said “listen you can't leave but you're young it shouldn't take you long to recover completely if your try you best this will all be done in a month ok?” I sighed and said “ok.” all that was on my mind right now was carter.

TWO MONTHS LATER

I got out of bed took a shower and got dressed its been 2 month I finished my therapies and everything. I moved into house I got a new car I enrolled in an online university you can say my lifes perfect right now except one thing Carter i've been debating what to do should I visit him in jail or not after all hes in there because of me alex told me carter took the blame for everything and he's facing seven years in jail I felt so guilty but then again he got me into all this cr*p I feel like a bit*h for not visiting but ive kept myself distant from everyine ive chnaged so much im not letting people walk all over me again im the new and improved grace and I like this grace I for once feel appy with myself. I sat on the sofa and thought for a few minutes I stood up and got my car keys I got out my condo and got in my car I turned the engine on and drove to the familiar place. the prison austin was in I parked my car and turned it off I just sat there belive me this isnt the first time ive been here ive been here lots of times ive just never had the guts to go in. I rubbed my face and but my lip I let out a loud groan I didnt know whether I should go in or not. I opened the car door and walked to the front door I opened it and walked in I walked to the front desk where lots of people were standing in line I was waiting for my turn when I spotted someone it was one of the body guards from the warehouse the one who thanked me we made eye contact he looked at me and motioned me to go over to him I walked over to him and said “i'm surprised you didn't come before but you're wasting your time he does not accept any visitors” I looked at him and said “well hes gonna have to accept one today I really need to talk to him you know he's innocent so please help me” he nodded and said “just play along ok” he grabbed my arm and said come on a police officer stopped him and said “captain I have a family emergency I really need to go” he nodded and said “i'll take your place don't worry”. I looked at him and said “you're the captain and what’s your name?” he nodded and said Michael he took me into a room with a table and two chairs the lights were kind of dim he  looked at me and said “i'll be right back ok.” he left I just stood there a few minutes passed and I was getting really nervous I heard carters voice he was groaning and saying "i don't expect visitors" I could feel my heart start racing my hands were all sweaty I heard the doorknob move I was facing the other way I wasnt ready to see him I heard the door open and the Michael say “25 minutes ill be waiting out here” he closed the door I was still facing the wall I bit my lip and turned around I made eye contact with carter he looked so miserable he looked away I took a deep breath and closer to him I lift his chin up so that he was looking at me I looked at him and said “i've been debating whether I should come and see you or not my mind says one things but my heart says something else its like no matter what you always have a way of controlling me without even trying and that drives me insane because you're such an as*hole but I always end up crawling back I mean did you ever really love me did you ever actually have feelings for me? because if not you're one hell of an actor I believed every word you said to me I put my heart and soul into this relationship and then I find out it was all a fuc*in bet after you got what you wanted why did you keep lying to me why didnt you just dump me I mean you had already won was it really that fun to play with me like I was a fuc*kin toy” he interrupted me and said  “i'm sorry I hurt you I really am sorry in the beginning it was just a bet but I actually did fall in love with you but you don't believe me to you i'm just big a*shole why did you come just so that you could tell me what a jerk I am? trust me I already know that i'm an as*hole so dont waste your time and just leave.” I looked at him and said “stop lying you never loved me if you would have loved me you would have never done something like that to me.” I just looked at him he shook his head and said “how many times do I have to tell you that I do love you why can't you get that through your head.” I rolled my eyes and said “then why didn't you tell me the truth? I would have rathered the truth come out of your mouth not some else? a tear rolled down one of his eyes he wiped it away and said “because I couldnt I didnt want to lose you im sorry” I looked at him for a minute and said “you're right I should leave” I walked out the door and left I got in my car and rested my head on the steering wheel a few tears rolled down my face I wiped them off and lift my head up I turned the car back on and drove home.

One Month Later

I was sitting on my sofa watching tv and the doorbell rang I stood up and started walking to the door it was probably my neighbor she's always bothering me trying to sell me some lotions and stuff but if I don't open she will literally knock until I open the door. I open the door and said “look I don't want any of your stuff so goodbye” I looked up and realized it wasn't my neighbor I slammed the door shut and locked it.... TO BE CONTINUED