inches away

TW: SLIGHT MENTION OF KIDNAPPING, MURDER

It has been a week since our last case and every day at work has been paper work over paper work. until i get called into Hotch's office, which was unusual.

I paced into his office which was right above the stairs at the BAU, i knocked lightly on the door which was already open but i didn't want to intrude.

"come in." Hotch sternly said, looking up from the stack of paperwork on his desk, he gestures for me to take a seat and i do still confused as to why he asked me in here this morning. he intertwined his hands together and places them on his desk, over the case files.

"what's up Hotch, is everything alright?" i said as i took a seat in the leather chair opposite his.

"i've got a case for you, considering your last personal case was, cut short, i would like you to go undercover again and help the local PD down in Pittsburgh. there's a man abducting and holding woman for 7 days and we were hoping you could go down and try to get his attention, he is taking women that look a lot like you meaning you are his type and he will try and prey on you which is initially the plan, we know its dangerous however it is our only way of catching him and if your not up to in we can find someone else from a different department in the FBI but considering you can identify his behaviour better than others we went straight to you." Hotch explained, i was shocked at all the information that was being said, i was obviously going to take the chance to go undercover again as Agent Prentiss ruined my last chance, this time she wont be a problem and i can prove to the team, to Hotch and to the higher up department of the FBI that i can do this.

"uhm yes of course i will go take it,, whatever you need Hotch," i said immediately after he had finished his explanation, i was looking at him dead in the eyes to show him i was serious.

"Are you sure? you can think about this or you can decide not to do this, its your decision completely," Hotch said calmly yet seriously, he was also not breaking eye contact.

"Hotch i don't need time, i'm in, just tell me when we are leaving and i'm good to go." i say without a doubt, i was ready and didn't want to waste time thinking about it, woman were going missing and being killed and i didn't want anymore lives being risked.

"you leave in 3 hours, go home and get ready, pack a dress so that the unsub will come up to you and engage," he stated as he stood up, i followed his actions and also stood from my seat.

"great, i will be ready by then" i said smiling as began to turn and head for the door, before i get my head turned there's another knock, Emily Prentiss was stood there, bag in hand.

"sir i'm ready whenever she is," and nodded her head towards me, i looked at her, furrowing my eyebrows at her, i then glanced towards Hotch who had his normal facial expression plastered across his face.

"i'm sorry what?" my brows were still furrowed as i stared at Agent Hotchner for answers.

"Agent Prentiss will accompany you on this case, she will be the one you communicate with and she will update us on what's happening from Pittsburgh.

I was certain that i could do this case alone, i knew Emily would just get in my way as she did last time, she blew my cover what's to say she wont do it again. "i Can assure you Hotch i don't need Emily to come with me and look over me, if anyone should come it should be Morgan, i can communicate with him better sir, Agent Prentiss will just get in my way!" i stated, i was not about to let Prentiss ruin another case for me.

"that's not an option Y/L/N, Prentiss will join you and you will have to learn how to communicate like a team, i thought you both sorted out this feud between the two of you.." Hotch had his arms crossed exchanging looks between me and Emily.

"look Hotch, after the last incident, considering how we met, i just believe it is best if Agent Prentiss stays back on this one, we are never going to learn to communicate through an earpiece, bringing Prentiss along is a mistake and i think both of us are better off working with others rather than each other, i don't need her ruining this again Hotch." i start to ramble but making good points.

"Agent Y/L/N, Prentiss is coming with you and that is final, she's just there to help." Hotch raised his voice a little bit trying to gain control over the matter, i was clearly winning our little disagreement.

"Y/N i'm just coming along to make sure you don't get hurt, nothing more." Emily stated, still waiting at the door like she was needed here, she was in fact not needed and i had already made that clear.

"Emily, i do not need your help, you ruined this last time, you better not do that again!" i was talking decently loud at this point trying to get my point inside Emily's head so she understands.

i start to head out the door but stop so i am standing right in front of Prentiss, our faces inches apart from each other.

i can feel her breathing, it gets heavier as i get closer, i felt the warmth of her breathe on my face and linger there for a few moments, i'm assuming she felt mine as well. I looked directly in her eyes, i was angry and annoyed and extremely pissed off because Hotch thinks i need someone to look out for me. i don't and i should not have to prove that i don't need help, if it was Morgan going in my position backup wouldn't be necessary but considering i'm a women i am considered 'weaker' and always need help. i shouldn't have to prove my worth or strength just because of my gender. however Hotch got his orders from his bosses so i cant win this battle.

"You better stay out of my way Agent!" i say, still inches away from her face, i kept eye contact for no longer than a second after and walked out of Hotch's office, i knocked her shoulder whilst doing so trying to show dominance. and i think it worked, i walked away to my desk to collect my things whilst doing so she turned to watch me, she stood there just looking at me as i grabbed my go bag and the case file of the unsub.

I looked up at Hotchs office once i had all my belongings in hand expecting no one to be there however, Emily was still staring at me, no expression on her face, i sarcastically smiled at her whilst tilting my head slightly before walking off tp the glass doors of the BAU.

She snapped out of the trance she was in but continued to watch me as i walked out, she also tilted her head, i'm assuming to get a better look, as she got her last looks of me before i entered the elevator.

'AURTHORS NOTES; hey so sorry if this one was boring i just needed to introduce something to occur so i can work from it and also give Y/N some more attitude lol. I think Y/N if going to hate Emily for like the next chapter just whilst shes on this case. i feel like it gives it more suspense and then i can lean into more things as time goes on because i really dont want to rush whatever is going to happen with Y/N and Emily. i'm really trying not to make this story like others but i think it already is. Anyways thank you for like 250 something reads, i really appreciate it and am glad some of you are enjoying it, please do comment on bits you like so i know to add more of that kind of stuff. and sorry for posting at such bad times its literally like just gone 3am where i live so that's just great

im going to write hopefully two more chapters tomorrow so be sure to check them out once poster as well, i love you all besties mwah, have a good day wherever you are<33