pushing back the feelings

In my hotel room i was getting ready, there was a club opening tonight and considering the unsub targeted his victims in places like them we assumed it was the best place to start.

i had a short, tight, red dress on, it hugged my body perfectly and that gave me a lot of confidence. i took my heels in my hand, holding them by the handles as i slipped out to the hallway and headed to the elevator.

i pressed the button, hoping the lift would not take too long to arrive at my floor. i heard footsteps behind me, stopping once they got next to me, they leaned forward and pushed the button impatiently as the lift had not yet gotten to this floor.

"i've already pressed that," i said bluntly, watching the hand pull away. the person next to me turned their head to look at me.

"just to be sure," they said, it was Emily and i knew that since i heard her walk, i don't know why? i can just sense it was her.

i looked to her because her eyes had been on me for some time now. i gave an awkward smile as i turned back to face the elevator doors which were now opening.

Both of us stepped in and stood there in silence as the doors closed behind us.

"are you nervous?" She asked me, breaking the silence, looking at the now shut doors.

"no" i put bluntly again, what else was i supposed to say, i didn't feel nervous, i had nothing to loose anyway, so say the operation didn't go well and he kidnapped me and i didn't get back out alive, what did i loose really?

"please don't get yourself killed Y/N," She said sympathetically, she lifted her hand up to put on my shoulder, hesitated but then put her hand back down beside her.

"i cant say i'm not going to take risks Em," i replied to her statement, my tone was calm, matching hers. i glanced at her and smiled, she then looked down at her hand which was slowly moving towards mine.

She entwined her fingers in between mine and squeezed my hand tightly for reassurance. "i'm sorry for yesterday, i guess everything just got too much for us and we snapped, taking it out on each other! i didn't mean what i said, i promise you that." She rambled on, she seemed to feel guilty, as she stared into my eyes and i hers, i nodded and then opened my mouth, wanting to talk however i was cut off.

"and Em, that's new," she chuckled slightly as she tilted her head. she was still holding my hand as she commented on the nickname i called her. "i like it," she continues, squeezing my hand again.

"nothing i said on the jet was true Emily, i was angry and was angry at you so evidently took it out on you, but you have to know if anything happens to me on this case that i'm sorry, for everything i've done to you and for what i have said," i wanted to make this clear, i knew i wasn't going to be 'careful', we needed to catch the unsub and being careful would not let me do that.

"i will not let anything happen to you Y/N, i- i couldn't bare to let anyone hurt you," she seemed to care, genuinely care.

"oh so that's why you decided to tag along Agent Prentiss," i smirked. "you have a little thing for me," she looked down as i finished the sentence as though it was true and for some reason i decided to make it worse.

"you know its against the rules at the BAU, FBI agents cannot become involved with each other, rule no.37 in the handbook Em. sorry to break your heart, i know how much you want this now and there is no denying it, im a profiler, remember?" i said cheekily.

we were still holding hands as the elevator got to the bottom of the hotel, the doors began to open and Emily was so clearly eager to get out of the lift. she had slipped her hand away from mine and walked out hastily as soon as there was a big enough gap for her to fit through.

"hey you didn't have to let go!" i shouted as she got further away, she kept on walking and didn't turn back.

i followed her out of the hotel and into the SUV, she was driving which was a good idea considering i still do not have my heels on. i got into the passenger seat and looked at Emily.

i looked away again after a couple of seconds as she started the car, we had driven out of the parking lot of the hotel when she turned to me quickly before looking back at the road.

"you should put your seat belt on," her voice was extremely calm yet stern, her hands were so gently placed on the wheel, like it was glass. i seemed to notice the slightest things about Emily on the car journey, every detail was perfect, she had no flaws..

"i will be fine," i replied to her earlier comment about buckling up, she looked at me with furrowed brows, her mood immediately changed once the words had left my mouth.

"No! put it on now Y/L/N!" she had gotten angrier and you could tell by her tone and by the tension in the air.

i looked at her, confused, did she really care that much, it was just a seatbelt. i kept my eyes on her trying to study her, i was trying to wrap my head around what she was feeling, what was going through her head?

i gave in after Emily gave me a very aggravated look, she looked like she was going to rip my head off. i put my seatbelt on and then bent down to slip my heels on.

"look Y/N i am just trying to make sure you are safe that is all," she spoke as i came back up from putting on my shoes. right now i was confused, yesterday Emily was shouting at me and now she is worried about my safety.

"Look Em, i don't need you to worry, i can do that myself and if i'm not worried then you shouldn't be either." i responded, it was true, i didn't need her, out of everyone to be concerned about me, she was the last person i expected or wanted to care about me. Emily and i are not the best of friends, i'm not sure if we are friends but even if we are she needs to understand that i can do this, she seems to think that i cannot do anything myself, like she has to come to my rescue.

i don't need Emily, i didn't need her before and i don't need her now. But when she was holding my hand earlier i felt complete, like i longed for her touch even the slightest bit. i'm so confused, all my thoughts i had when i first laid eyes on her came back, i had kept them pushed down, deep for so long now and just being around her was hard.

she was perfect, the way her hair sat on her shoulders, her dark brown eyes gleaming when the light seeped through the car window. i didn't know what to do, she was just, everything i needed, everything i wanted.

AUTHORS NOTES: okay so, i'm sorry for not posting anymore chapters over the past two days i was trying to get all my ideas in order. i really want Y/N and Emily to get together but am unsure whether its still to early, please et me know what you think. Thank you too all the people who are commenting and voting and even reading my story, i'm going to write a few chapters tonight and post them so stay tuned. i am also sorry if there isn't a trigger warning for a certain thing in my chapters i try my best to put a TW at the start at whatever i write that i believe could be triggering but different people have different triggers so if you get triggered by something and there is no TW i am so so sorry.