3. Same guy

(2140 words) (If you don't catch the drift of this book by now...yikes) Warning: Mentions of suicide and attempted death, don't read if you can't handle. Also note that the new character will have a stutter, a heavy stutter, if you are going to complain about it please just stop reading now.

------------------------------------------------------------

It was the next night, the weather calmed down and if Jamison was being honest, it was the perfect time to read a book. Though it would take some effort considering it was around one in the morning and there were no lights around. The wind was barely noticeable and the sky was clear, putting the moon and stars on full display.

Just how Jamison likes it.

It gave him the illusion that the stars were ready to listen to him, that they were waiting for him to spill his secrets and his thoughts and his daily activities. This kind of weather made him feel welcome, and at this time of night, he was happy for that. His day was shit as usual but the weather made it feel worth it. Though it would only last for so long because he was ready to end it, after he tells the stars about his day of course, he could never forget to tell the stars.

So, taking a deep breath, he looked out over the cliff and stared at the open sky. "Mom bought me a gaming system, the one I always wanted, but I can only play it if dad doesn't yell. It's like she did this just to torment me. Dad still doesn't have a job; he doesn't even seem to be looking for one. He just sits on the couch all day and drinks, occasionally yelling or throwing something at me. I think mom is leaving soon, actually, I saw bags in her room yesterday. I wouldn't blame her if she left but I would rather her take me with her, it's not like anything is here for me."

He sniffled, wiping a stray tear from his cheek as he switched his gaze to the town below, the ground looking quite inviting at this moment. "They took the door off my room because I accidently slammed it, it's like my freedom is getting smaller by the day." He let a dry chuckle leave his throat while taking a step forward, the edge of the cliff coming closer. "That's it for today, just the usual family torture."

He was about to take the last step when a voice broke through the silence and soft music, this one louder and more frantic than the voice he has heard for the past two days. If he was being honest, it sounded like your stereotypical nerd, all hesitant and small, yet still too loud. "Wait! Wait! do-don't do it, please don't j-jump!"

Jamison froze but didn't move away, the footsteps coming closer but for some reason he couldn't ignore the presence of the new stranger. He believes that a small part of him is hoping it's the Mystery boy, though he doubts it, this voice belonged to a small kid, maybe a ninth grader.

The sounds stopped just before it got to him, the Nerdy boy hesitating before doing anything else, his nerves getting the better of him. His voice was slightly ridged from the running he did, his body not fit for exercise. "Um... Do-do you want to r-read a book with me? It's pretty g-g-good." The Nerdy boy seemed to be more concerned before he got closer to Jamison, but Jamison knew that worry was still there, and that made him take a step back, chancing a look at the new boy.

When his eyes landed on the new voice, he was in a state of confusion. It was the same boy that asked to watch him die the first day they met, but Jamison knew that couldn't be right, there was no way this was the same guy.

That guy was calm and collected, he knew what he was doing and he didn't try to engage in much conversation. This boy was afraid and jittery, changing the topic to something he was comfortable with and he wanted to talk more with Jamison. It made no sense. It was the same boy, it had to be. So why was he acting so different and when in the hell did he wear glasses?