7. Movie Surprise

(2370 words) Warning: Mentions of suicide are in this chapter, can't handle, don't read, thank you.

------------------------------------------------------------

Jamison would have said the night was perfect, it was always perfect when he got the chance to stand at the edge of the cliff, but so far this night was far from perfect. Not because he couldn't make it to the cliff, but because of what he found waiting for him there.

It was Mystery boy's truck. The head lights facing down the cliff as the trunk of the car faced the top. He smelt the faint scent of popcorn, maybe some candy as well, passing him by with the soft breeze. Sure, anyone else would have found this beautiful or something, but this took away his ability to talk to the stars. It had to be just him and the stars, that is why he chose them to spill his secrets, to allow them to listen.

He still walked on, this was his escape from home and he would be dammed if some Mystery boy stopped him. So he carried on like it was just another perfect night, only this time slower, making sure he got a good look at the truck as he passed by.

There was a white sheet draped over the back of it, long enough to cover both the trunk and the ground. He could see scattered lights from inside the sheet and a shadow of what had to be Mystery boy. And then he thought about it, was this Mystery boy? Mystery boy was quiet and reserved, not wanting to pass by any of Jamison's boundaries, this set up sent more of a Nerdy boy vibe to Jamison, it seemed like something the Princess loving boy would do.

Jamison only figured that because of the type of books the nerdy boy reads. He had said he liked romance novels and fairytales, horror and mystery were less of his style but he wouldn't mind reading one every now and then. This set up seemed like something out of a romance novel.

He got to the very back of the truck and his answer was obvious, this was Nerdy boy. The boy was muttering to himself, making mental checklists and marking them off in the air, like he could see the list floating in front of him. Maybe he could, Jamison wouldn't know either way and honestly, he didn't care to find the right answer.

Sure, he found the Nerdy boy adorable, but that cuteness goes away when he couldn't tell the stars about his day.

He watched the boy shuffle around the small but comfortable looking area, fixing the sheets that were fine and shuffling through the movies though there was only two of them. He would push his glasses up every few seconds, Jamison was sure it was more of a nervous habit then it was a necessity.

After a few more moments of staring at the over worried boy, Jamison let out a cough. Nerdy boy jumped and knocked his glasses from his face, his arm that was fixing the light for the fifth time the one to do so.

He stared at Jamison and Jamison stared back, his head titling slightly as he raised a brow in question. The Nerdy boy flushed red and crawled out of the little movie hut, grabbing his glasses on his way. Jamison backed up to give him space though there was more than enough of it. He was still confused by the Nerdy boy. He didn't know if it was a twin of Mystery boy or if it was Mystery boy but with a different mindset.

But how could that be true?

Can someone really just change personalities like that? Jamison thought only sociopaths could do that. Or maybe it had been psychopaths, either way it wasn't good. But he didn't find any evil intent in the different personalities, he didn't feel threatened and if he was being honest, they seemed to switch at the perfect times.

Earlier that day he had wanted to watch a movie and cuddle in on himself, knowing no one else was going to do so with him, but of course that was wishful thinking. What he got instead of a cuddle was a busted lip and maybe a bruised rib, but by now it was just a distant thought, a distant pain.