Prologue

Piper's pov

     We were back at the entrance to Tartarus in Rome.

      So many memories. 

        So many nightmares. 

        So many deaths. 

       After the war, we knew something had to be done about the gaping hole in Rome that lead straight to the depths of hell, so Chiron suggested we put an enchant barrier so no one (unless a demigod declared it) could fall in. 

          The barrier needed 30 minutes to generate enough magic to keep it going. For the first five minutes, no one could get in, nor come out. Chiron had sent the Seven to guard the barrier as it froze up. We had a bag that was enchanted. It could fit anything inside it.

           I had grabbed every weapon I could find in the tool shed back at Camp.After Gaea was defeated, all magic went down for a day. It was a horrid day, some say it was worse than the actual battle.

         All curses were removed which was a good thing and a bad thing. May Castellan, Luke's mom, had her curse removed, but once she had found out her dearest, and only son was gone forever, her heart broke into two and she has never spoken since. 

         All curses on weapons were removed, Frank's shapeshifting powers grew stronger as he no longer needed a special life source, Hazel's curse was removed, the magical barrier protecting Camp went down, it was wonderful but horrid at the same time. It was an eventful week. 

      Leo came back alive with a girl named Calypso. 

    Percy got three wishes from the Gods. His first wish was for everyone who died in the war for Olympus to achieve Elysium.Second was for Iapetus to come out of Tartarus and get a second chance on Olympus. His third wish was yet to be made. 

              I walked over to the barrier and checked how solid it was. Five more minutes should do.

            I was about to walk away when something blue caught my eye. It hung on a small ledge that no one had seen before. 

                  Annabeth's baby-blue backpack.

                  I unsheathed my sword and leaned as far as I dared, trying to hook it on. I swung my sword toward it and the handle caught onto the tip.

Bullseye. The bag slid up the length of my sword and into my hand. I sheathed my sword and spun around, going to find Annabeth when I remembered I was on the edge of the pit. 

         I screamed as my foot slipped past the ledge and I tumbled down, but not before swinging the backpack up to the floor. Now only holding the edge with my one hand, I screamed louder for help. Dark tendrils of fear gripped my heart, taking over my mind. The only thing I thought about was the gaping maw of Tartarus below me. 

                      He laughed in my mind, a dark, humorless laugh. Faintly, in the back of my mind I heard Jason's heartbroken scream. 

                    "Piper!"

                 "Jason..." I croaked, my voice hoarse. Tears swam in my eyes, daring to leak through. My grip loosened. 

                I looked up. Bob was standing above, ready to jump. 

               "Bob don't do this. Not for me." Bob smiled. 

               "Percy said you were friend. I help friends." And with that, he jumped once again into the depths of Tartarus. 

             My hand let go of the edge and I fell into the darkness below me. Two strong arms wrapped around my waist. 

            Electric blue eyes stared into mine before everything went black.