Chapter 1

Piper's pov 

 Nine days

As I fell I thought of Annabeth who'd speculated it would take nine days to fall from earth to Tartarus. I hoped Annabeth was wrong. I had lost track of how long Bob, Jason, and me have been falling--hours? days? It felt like eternity. we'd been holding hands ever since we had dropped into the chasm. Jason pulled me close,hugging me tight as we tumbled through absolute darkness.

    Wind whistled in my  ears. The air grew hotter and damper,as if we were plummeting into the throat of a massive dragon. 

         I remembered how many monsters held grudges on us.Like how the cursed monster Arachne. Had got her revenge. I could not imagine if Arachne was still alive down there somewhere below them in the darkness. I did not want to meet the monster down below in the bottom. Assuming there was a bottom. Bob,Jason, and I would probably flatten  on impact. So giant spiders were the least of my  worries.

        I wrapped me arms around Jason and tried not to sob. I had never thought my life was going to be easy. Some demigods died young at the hands of terrible monsters. That had been the ways since ancient times. The greeks invented tragedy. They know the greatest heroes did not get happy endings. 

        Still this was not I'd had gone through so much to defeat gaea. Even the gods have never devise such a terrible fate but every demigod got one.

                I pressed my lips to Jason's ear. " I love you"

                  I was not sure he had heard me but if they were going to die I wanted those to be my last words. I tried to think of a plan but it was not as easy as Annabeth made it look. But I could not think of one way to reverse or slow down they fall.

      Jason tried to use his wind powers but it was no used. I realized I could see Jason's hair. The whistle in my ear. The whistling sound had now became a roar. The roar sounding like it was alive.Hard evil and cold waiting to kill it's prey.