Chapter 25

Jason's pov

Jason tried to think. He and Piper were back to back as they had been many times before, ready to fight. But neither of them were in good shape to battle. They were hopelessly outnumbered.There was nowhere to run. No help coming.

"So . . ." he started, "I guess you're wondering what we're doing in Tartarus."

"No I just want to kill you." Medea laughed.

"Wait!" Piper said pointed at the empousai. "Aren't the empousai the servants of Hecate."

Medea curled her lip. "They work for me now.

The leader of the empousai looked at Piper.

"I wonder what happens when a demigod is killed in Tartarus. Let's find out."

Jason sprang, slashing his sword in a huge arc. He cut one of the demons in half, but the leader-Kelli dodged and charged Piper.The other 2 launched themselves at Jason. One grabbed his sword arm and the other jumped on his back. Medea was no where to be seen probably afraid to fight her battles.

Jason tried to ignore them and staggered to Piper, determined to go down defend her if he had too. But Piper was doing pretty well. She tumbled to one side, evading Kelli's claws, and came up with a rock in her hand, which she smacked into Kelli's nose.

Kelli wailed. Piper scooped up gravel and flung it in Kelli's eyes.

Meanwhile Jason trashed from side to side, trying to throw off his empousa hitchhiker, but her claws sank deeper into his shoulders. The second empousa held his arm, preventing him from using his weapon.

Out of the corner of his eye, he saw Kelli lunge, raking her talons across Piper's arm. Piper screamed and fell.

Jason stumble in her direction. The vampire on his back sank her teeth into his neck. Searing pain coursed through his body. His knees buckled.

Stay on your feet, he told himself. You have to beat them.

Then the other vampire bit his sword arm, and his weapon clattered to the ground.

That was it. His luck had finally ran out. Kelli loomed over Annabeth ready to call Medea. Medea had told them she wanted to kill both Jason and Piper.

Then a shadow fell across Jason. A deep war cry bellowed from somewhere above, echoing across the plains of Tartarus, and a Titan dropped onto the battlefield.

So do you like Long or short chapters better?