Ch. 11

After laying a sheet over the deceased knight, Gaius led (Y/n) out of them room and toward the throne room. He informed her that they must informed the king and the council that Ewan had passed, meaning Arthur would look like a fool in front of his father for accusing Valiant without proof.

(Y/n) wiped the dried tears on her face as they walked up to the room, Gaius said something to the knights before they let the two of them in. The chatter came to a halt as the two walked into the room.

"Gaius, what news do you bring about Sir Ewan?" Uther asked the physician, not even noticing the state (Y/n) was in.

Gaius shook his head, "Sir Ewan is dead sir, the antidote did not work fast enough" he informed the king.

Murmurs started in the council as they talked amongst themselves as Arthur looked to Merlin, almost as if the two were having a mental conversation.

Uther cleared his throat, gaining everyone's attention once more, "it seems the only one who held your evidence had passed, what will you do now Prince Arthur?" He asked his son, ignoring the fact someone just died.

"Someone just died and that's all you have to say!? Have a moment of silence for him at least!" (Y/n) yelled at the king as tears of frustration were slowly swelling up.

Gasps were heard as all the attention was now on the (h/c) girl.

Uther looked to Gaius, "Gaius keep that girl in check, unless you want them to be thrown in the dungeons" he warned the physician, his words caused Merlin to give a slight glare to him.

The old physician nodded his head, "forgive her my king, she is just emotional after watching Sir Ewan's death" he apologized as he grabbed the girl's arm and pulled her behind him.

Arthur turned to his father, "I like to apologized for the accusations on Sir Valiant, I did not mean any harm" he apologized to both him and the knight.

Uther nodded before gesturing to Merlin, "arrest him" he said to his knights.

"Wait" Valiant added himself to the conversation, "he does not have to go to jail for looking out for his prince"

The knights stopped moving and looked to Uther, waiting for his orders for what they should do next. With a simple gesture of just holding his hand up, the knights returned to their post.

Valiant made his way toward the young prince, "it is not your manservant's fault, I would be worried if magic was involved that could rid you of your title of champion" he joked a bit with him.

Arthur nodded his head slightly, "I guess you're right"

"If you wish, you could concede from tournament as an apology"

"You know that won't happen, it wouldn't be fair for the winner to be announced like this"

The knight shrugged his shoulder, he than moved and patted the prince's shoulder, "than I look forward to our fight" Valiant said to him before leaving the room.

Everybody else followed suit, Merlin walked his way over to Gaius and (Y/n) when Arthur called for him. He gave the girl a sad look before following the prince to his quarters.

Gaius turned around and placed a gentle hand on her arm, "are you alright going back there?" He asked her.

(Y/n) exhaled as she calmed her emotions, "I'll be fine, not like I've seen this stuff before" she recalled watching Ewan's death multiple times when rewatching the series.

The old man's lips thinned out before he patted her on the arm before exiting the room, (Y/n) following behind him as she tried not looking back to glare at Uther.