old school new start.

TW/ self depreciation, intrusive thoughts

let's just skip the long intros. i'm Alex Circe. 17. clinically insane. fucked off for 6 months to "find myself" and now i'm back at school. that school being Forks High School in, you guessed it, Forks, Washington. let's just say i don't exactly have a good relationship with school.

i'd done this routine more times than i could count by now. grab a map, time table and sign of sheet from the front office and make my way to my first class, which today it is Biology II with Mr Molina. i shoved all my paperwork in my backpack and started walking through the halls. unlike other new students i didn't get the whispers or stares due to my constant coming and going at the school. despite this, i still kept my head down facing the floor as not to stare at someone or something for too long and then get on the bad side of someone. i'd always managed to keep a low profile here, only making a handful of friends.

on my first day here at the age of 13 Maddi was the first person i ever actually spoke too. we clicked instantly, especially after we quickly established we both adored the screams of Danny Worsnop. after that very moment we were attached at the hip. she's probably the only thing i ever look forward too about coming back here after my breaks.

i reached the entrance of the classroom and crossed the invisible barrier, not waiting to be invited in cause i mean what was a? a vampire or something? like those exist. "ah Mr Circe how wonderful it is to have you back"
"sir" i nodded, adjusting my bag strap to a more comfortable position on my shoulder. "i see you've changed your hair again?" last time i was at school my hair was a jet black colour and since then it's been red and purple then red again and now a dark brown. "well what else was i meant to do whilst locked away for 6 months" i sniggered.
"well i can assure you Alex we're all happy to see you alive and well" i had to have a small internal laugh to that. yes i was alive but who said i was well. i scanned the classroom quickly to see if there had been any additions to the school whilst i'd been away and my eyes locked on a pale blonde haired boy who had also locked his eyes on me. Mr Monlia snapped me out of my state "you haven't missed much so i'm sure it won't take you long to catch up. now about seating arrangements, as you've noticed Mr Hale is currently sat in your old seat so if you can manage it i'll place you in the empty seat next to him."
"i'd be more worried about if he can manage me sir if i'm being honest"
"well yes. well here you go and you're more than welcome to just get on with the work and put your earphones in if Mr Hale gets too unbearable" he said as he handed me a bunch of work sheets. i turned around on the balls of my feet and walked down the seemingly never ending classroom towards the back and took my seat next to "Mr Hale".  my mind was racing as per usual.

'you're gonna fuck it all up again. you've never completed a full year of school so what makes you think you will this time? the new kid will be just like the others were in the beginning, he'll be your friend and be all nice and kind until he finds out what you're really like. a monster. a death yearning monster. a good for nothing fuck up.'

Jasper's POV
After Alice's vision last night i was expecting him. my mate. the brunette boy who's cheeks were covered in freckles. who's mind was like a cluster of stars. both dying and new born stars. so when a boy who looked like he was carved from the gods appeared at the front of the classroom i was somewhat prepared. i was not prepared for this new level of bloodlust though. i couldn't speak. every time i tried to open my mouth to communicate with the boy his scent just overcome me. especially when he took a seat next to me.

Alex's POV
i could feel the cold radiate off of my new desk partner. his snow white skin almost glistening in the light. his hands where curled into fists, his knuckles nearly bursting out through his skin. well i now understood what Sir meant about him being a tad unbearable. as i hunkered down to start my work, my music drowning out any other sound coming from the room, i tried to ignore the lingering feeling that someone was staring at me. i looked out of the corner of my eye and noticed his fist was still very much intact and his head was very much turned to face me. i mean 10+ points for the very warm welcome.

the hour dragged on much longer than i could have hoped for. so as the bell rang signalling the end of the period i grabbed my bag and flew out the classroom as quickly as my little legs to carry me. this was due to a) not wanting to have to sit under the gaze of my desk parter any longer and b) it meant i could see Maddi w lot quicker.

i couldn't have been more than three feet out of the classroom door when i felt the weight of a 17 year old girl attach itself to my back. "so i see we've gone for the 'cripple Alex before he even has a chance to say hi' welcome this time?"
"i'd rather call it the 'surprise welcome' but yanno whatever floats your boat". the weight hopped of my back and finally greeted me face to face. "hey mads" an ever-growing smile appeared on my face at the sight of her. my best friend. my literal partner in crime (what we were only 14 and it was only a pack of gum). "sup you!" she basically screamed, flinging her arms around me, our faces smushed together. she was definitely a lot more enthusiastic about the fact i had returned than i was to be here.

TIME SKIP
within the first 10 minuets of lunch i'd been introduced to Maddi's friends. Eric, Mike, Angela and Jessica. all seemingly nice enough, not my cup of tea but then it's very rare that anyone is. "Alex here had his first lesson with a cullen" Maddi smirked.
"oh yeah what one?" Jessica remarked.
"dunno, blonde and insufferable" i shrugged my shoulders. "ah that'll be Jasper then" Mike chanted. "what's his deal anyways?" i asked
"more like what's their deal" Jessica exclaimed. as soon as the L rolled off of her tongue they walked in. a group that had been most definitely carved by the gods.

before i could even attempt to ask who they are Jessica piped up almost like this was a routine at this point. "the blonde girl, Rosalie and the big dark haired guy Emmet, they're like a thing. i'm not even sure if that's legal"
"they're not actually related though" Angela butted in. "yeah but they like, live together it's weird" Jessica replied. "then that little dark haired girl, her names Alice, she's really weird" the first through to rush through my mind when i saw the little dark haired girl was pixie. her hair framed her face perfectly and she walked with a twinkle in her step. behind her walked 2 more guys, one that id coke to learn snake is Jasper and another. "then that's Edward. totally gorgeous, obviously, but nobody here seems to be good enough for him"
"or Jasper as a matter of fact" Angela whisper.

everyone at the table didn't seem bothered by the Cullens arrival, in fact no one else in the lunch hall did. how could anyone get used to seeing such beauty on a day to day basis? i on the other hand couldn't stop looking. all throughout lunch i kept darting my eyes over to the table and 9 times out of 10 my eyes would land on Jasper, who happened to be looking right back at me, just as he had been in class, often speaking few words at the same time to his siblings.

the sound of the bell rang through my ears and everyone started to depart the food hall all heading to their retrospective lessons. not Maddi and i though, we had formed somewhat of a tradition that after every lunch period and before our next lesson we would sneak off into the woods and have a cigarette and just happen to both be late to the next lesson. "Jasper was looking at you all through lunch" Maddi squealed excitedly, linking her harm through mine "oh?" i replied, ignoring the fact that i had been doing the same. "it's weird, none of them have ever shown an interest in anyone else other then theirselves and then you come along and you've caught his attention" we stepped outside, rain colliding with our hair. i tugged my hoodie's hood up over my head and Maddi did the same. "guess i'm just the shiny, some what broken, new toy then" i snickered.

~

🍄🌸 don't forget to comment and vote! all interactions are very very appreciated! 🌸🍄