the cold ones

it was the day of the La Push trip and honestly i couldn't be less bothered about going. i mean sitting in the cold and being made to surf really isn't my idea of a fun day out. i put on as many layers as possible without over heating, these included a top, a long sleeve top underneath the normal one, a hoodie and a jacket. i wasn't gonna let myself catch pneumonia, not a chance.

when i got down to the reservation (that's where the beach is) i noticed a group of people already huddled around, some in wetsuits and some not. most of them i recognised from school but there were a few males that i wasn't so familiar with. as i got closer and closer to the group i realised one of the guys was Luke, i breathed a sigh of relief upon the realisation that i had an escape route if Maddi's friends started to get on my nerves. talking of Maddi, as soon as she noticed me walking toward them she pretty much squeezed with excitement and ran towards me. "yo mads calm down"
"i cant!! i'm so excited to see you!! especially to introduce you to the fresh meat" she winked at me and looked towards the males. her excitement heightened once she realised me and Luke already knew each other, probably thinking she was some sort of fantastic match maker.

"well i'm glad Alex has some friends other than myself" she said sarcastically. i followed up with a smack on the arm.
"anyone who doesn't wanna know him is dumb" Luke mumbled under his breath, "tell that to the ice lord himself, Jasper hale" Maddi snickered, although the mention of Jaspers name bought a sour look to Luke and his friends faces.  one of them, who's name i later learnt was Quill spoke up;  "his kind don't come here"
"what do you mean his kind?" i questioned.
"it's nothing." Luke butted in before his friend could reply, shooting Quill a look that almost resembled instant death. "well then, um we're gonna go get in the water so we'll see you later" Angela said after what felt like years of silence. i waved Maddi off and took a seat inside the nice warm van. well, i attempted to at-least as as soon as we were alone Luke stole me away. 

We'd been walking for about 19 minuets when i plucked up the courage to speak, "so uh what did your friend mean back there? about how Jaspers kind don't come?"
"it's nothing really just some old Quileute legend "
"come on tell me i wanna know"
"alex really it's no-"
"Luke tell me"
"alright alright if you insist but it's nothing but folklore so" i replied to this with a stern look, but fortunately he continued to talk; "there's this old legend that we're supposedly descended from wolves. the story goes that one day my great great grandfather and some other tribe members were doing some rounds of the land, yanno making sure everything was in order and stuff when they stumbled across what they thought were people. they looked like humans, acted like them but something was missing. they had no sole. they were deathly pale. my grandfather had heard legends about these creatures but they claimed to be different. after much convincing the two leaders made a pact. that the creatures, we call them the cold ones, wouldn't enter quileute land and we wouldn't bother them."
"damn luke that's some crazy obviously believable stuff right there" i said in the verge of laughter. Luke's facial expressions softened lightly; "i told you it was just some dumb folklore shit."

TIME SKIP
after a good 5 hours at La Push i was on my home. i was maybe 5 minuets away when a shiny black car very suddenly pulled up beside me. i stopped to look at who the fuck this maniac was and my eyes fell upon the "ice lord". "where the fuck were you?" he almost screamed. i was too stunned to speak. "where were you?!"
"the beach?"
"what beach?"
"la push"
"why were you there??"
"surfing". my heart rate was rising at an incredible speed. id never seen someone look so disgusted and angry. before i could ask what the fuck was his problem he speed away. i was once again left too stunned to speak. what was this guys problem?? one minuet he's telling me he's too dangerous to be around and the next he's nearly running me over with his car and demanding i tell him where i've been.

maybe he was right, maybe i should stay away from his crazy ass.