dont slow down youre gonna crash

when the bell rang for next glass, i grabbed my books and bag and walked out of the classroom. instead of being greeted by Maddi, i was greeted by a southern accent behind me. "may i walk you to your next lesson?" he asked.
"uh yeah sure if you want"
"my pleasure" the corner of his mouth turned up slightly.  the walk to Gym Class seemed longer than usual. whether that was the silence or not i don't know. neither of us spoke. i didn't feel the need to, i was experiencing that same wave of calmness i did when i was came into contact with Mr Hale.  instead of my mind being full of intrusive thoughts it was now empty. i knew this wouldn't last much longer though as it never did. "are you knew to town? there wasn't much excitement about you being a new kid so my family and i were slightly confused" great. awkward question number 1.
"that's a conversation for a different day" i sped up slightly now seemingly eager to get to Gym. as we arrived at the boys changing room Jasper and i parted ways.

sport was definitely not my forte and that was MASSIVELY backed up by the fact i accidentally smacked the volleyball a little bit in the wrong direction and ended up hitting this girl Lauren over the head with it. she didn't seem too annoyed but i still reiterated multiple times how sorry i was. like i said, i've never been good at sport and probably never will be, my hand eye coordination was just too bad. luckily it was lunch now which meant i get to reunite with my best friend.

as i walked through the canteen doors i immediately spotted Maddi stood at the end of the queue with 2 trays in hand, one very obviously saved for me which was now being waved about in the air like she was a mad man trying to get my attention. i gave her a small wave and trudged over to her. "heyyy"
"hey Alex" i grabbed the blue plastic tray from her grasp and placed it under my arm. "how was gym?" i cringed at the memory. "i potentially hit someone over the head with a volleyball so that was fun" Maddi looked at me both confused and worried. "who?!" she exclaimed
"just that Lauren girl, she wasn't too annoyed"
"good, don't need you getting into any fights this early into the term" as soon as she finished her sentence some jerk knocked into me, a little too hard for my liking and the switch flipped inside me. "hey! watch where the fuck you're going! fucking hell" i bellowed. he threw some btec insults my way which i was too angry to hear. what i also didn't notice is that this caught the attention of a certain group of siblings. i was pulled out of my thoughts by Maddi grabbing my face and turning it towards me. "hey calm down dude" she said now staring into my eyes "breatheeeeee" she said patronisingly.
"what shit are they serving today anyways" i mumbled, my face still squashed in between Maddi's fingers. "your fave, mac and cheese"
"oh" i felt my breathing start to settle as i realised i'd be able to loose myself in some cheesy pasta goodness very soon.

TIME SKIP
it was finally the end of the day and as far as i was concerned my day couldn't get any worse as i was now leaving the school building oh boy was i wrong. i'd briefly stopped walking in the parking lot to retrieve my packet of cigarettes from my bag ready to light one up as soon as i crossed the threshold that separated school grounds and public grounds. it was then when i heard the screeching of car tires on the tar maced floor.

it all happened so fast. one second i was standing up, only just about acknowledging the fact that there was a car coming right towards me. and the next jasper was right by my side, slightly hovering over me pushing the car away from me to stop me from getting crushed. a crowd had started to gather, words of concern filling the air. but jasper had now upped and left as quickly as he had gotten over to me. i could have sworn he was on the other side of the parking lot. i just about managed to hold myself up before one of the other guys from my gym class was hauling me out of the crowd for some fresh air.

everything was spinning. i was now laid out on the floor of the car park waiting for the paramedics to arrive. i saw a red liquid start leaking out of my arm from where it had been grazed when Jasper so gracefully came to my rescue. the Cullen's were no longer here. as fast as Jasper had saved my life they were now gone.

TIME SKIP
once i had been assigned a temporary bed in the hospital i felt irritation build up in me. purely cause i was in a hospital again and i don't exactly have a good history with those. as i laid on my bed twiddling my thumbs i noticed a pale, blonde doctor enter the room with a clipboard in his hands. he looked as if he was late twenties, early thirties. before i had a chance to look away he locked eyes with me, a smile on his face and began walking towards me. "now you must be Mr Alex Circe, i've heard a lot about you" he mentioned whilst flipping through my medical notes. i cocked my head in confusion. that's when i noticed the name tag, 'doctor cullen'. makes sense. "your parents were quite concerned when i rang them and told them you'd been brought in, way too concerned than any other parents around here". i swallowed my guilt, i myself must admit that it was weird and extremely unusual for me to be in a hospital for an injury that wasn't self inflicted.

🍄🌸 don't forget to comment and vote! all interactions are very very appreciated! 🌸🍄