no sound but the wind

my eyes were locked on my ceiling as my alarm for school went off, for the third time. face, it i was gonna be late so i might as well take my time even more. "sweetie, i think you need to get up?" my mother peered into my room around my door. i just sighed. "today not a good day?" she asked. i slowly turned my head to face her. "i'll go in for lunch, one lesson is better than none i suppose"

just die already.

my eyes returned to their original position, starring at the ceiling. i rolled over on my side and shut my alarm off, as my phone was now in my hands i went into my messages and text Maddi "gonna be late today, so dw", i hit send and closed my eyes for one last time this morning.

Maddi's POV
however bummed out i was that Alex wasn't going to be in school from the moment it started, i had faith in him that he wouldn't let me down and would actually make an appearance at some point in the day so i wasn't stuck with my somewhat normie and slightly unbearable group of friends for the entire day.

it was the start of lunch and my phone buzzed, it was Alex. thank fuck for that. "be about 15 mins k?" the message read. phew. "that was Alex, he said he'd be in about 15 minuets" i said beaming.
"what's his deal anyways? he looks dead" Jessica said smuggly. surprised it took her this long to say something. "he's not dead don't be stupid, he only looks that way" i scoffed. now, i understood where she was coming from, i mean his naturally pale skin, the dark bruise like bags under his eyes and his elegantly chosen mainly black wardrobe didn't help the fact. hey some may even say he looked like a vampire but how would they know what a vampire looks like? i mean they don't exist. "i think he's nice, whether he looks dead of not" Angela said.
"yeah and me and Mike are always glad to be able to add another guy to the lad talk" Eric responded, a snigger left my mouth as i knew the last thing alex would be interested in getting involved in was 'lad talk'.

a few more minuets passed until a figure suddenly appeared behind me and sat down. "hey Mads"
"hey pumpkin". Alex took his seat beside me, and secretly squeezed my hand under the table to notify me that today was probably gonna be quite a quiet day.

Alex's pov
"hey Mads" i managed to stutter out, my heart going 10 to a dozen. "hey pumpkin". that'd been her nickname for me ever since we met. my naturally dark aesthetic combined with my naturally ginger hair apparently made me resemble a pumpkin. which surprisingly i was willing to except.

luckily for me, the group were already engrossed in some sort of conversation about the swim team so i had enough time to quickly swallow the little white pill that helped to keep me some what sane during my day to day life. the constant flood of thoughts and feelings, both good and bad, made me feel as if i was drowning from the inside out. i mean, i've managed to actually attend school for 2 consecutive days now. yes one was my first day so there was no way i could've gotten out of going and yes i have only just arrived with one lesson to spare but yanno, progress is progress.

lunch passed by pretty quickly, a couple questions here and there about why i didn't attend for 6months and just some general getting-to-know someone questions which i didn't exactly mind. one thing that did catch my eyes however was the Cullens. they were sat at the same table there were yesturday and routinely kept watching me. like a predator studying it's prey. apart from Jasper thought. he wasn't there.

despite his absence from the lunch hall i somewhat expected him to make an appearance in science, luckily for me though he didn't. i didn't like the feeling of utter silence and calmness that had washed over me the day prior once i was sat next to him. it made me uneasy. having no thoughts in my head apart from an odd few regarding my work was not the norm for me. and it hadn't been the norm for me for many years. i walked down the classroom towards the back where my now empty desk sat. i threw my bag in the spare seat next to me and focused my attention on the front of the class where the teacher was babbling on about something or other.

that's when it hit me. the intense anger, bubbling up from my toes, making its way up through my body. great. fucking great. i was used to this happening by now, random bursts of hatred and anger but i still loathed it happening. instead of focusing on the lava heating up inside of my i tried my hardest to focus my attention on my breathing. this was going well enough until i felt the pencil that i'd been holding just crumble into pieces. the sound of the wood bouncing onto the floor brought me out of my daze and my eyes immediately went to where the pencil had once been. only my second day back at school and i'd already snapped a pencil.

wow look at you go. you can't even control your emotions. pathetic.

i slammed my fist on the table, surprisingly louder than i had planned on doing, which caused the whole classes to turn around and stare at me. mr Molina gave me a look which i was quite familiar with by now. it was a look that said 'get youre stuff and go and take some time for yourself'. with no hesitation my hood was up over my head, bag slung over my shoulder and i was out the door. like a bat out of hell i was gone, that was until i collided with another human. i looked up, ready to curse someone out when i caught sight of the tall broody Edward Cullen. before either of us were able to speak i was off again, on my ear path of hatred and anger.

as soon as i felt the fresh air in my face i calmed down slightly. my legs were no longer in a hurry to get me home. my head was less crowded.

i made my way off of school grounds and started to head home. i paused for a second to retrieve the half smoked packet of cigarettes from my bag. i placed the cig inbetween my lips and sparked it up, the intoxication smoke twirling down my throat and into my lungs. as i sighed a sigh of relief the smoke released itself and created a small cloud in front of my eyes. i started walking again, no longer full of anger just an undying want for my bed.

~

🍄🌸 don't forget to comment and vote! all interactions are very very appreciated! 🌸🍄