the apple is the noblest of fruits

i couldn't tell whether i was comforted or distraught over the fact that Jasper hadn't even acknowledge my existence for a whole week, not since the school trip. i barely know the kid so i don't even wanna be friends with him. his loss.  his loss for not wanting to be friends with someone so fucking cool and awesome and who actually gave him the time of fucking day instead of just talking shit about him and his family behind their back like the rest of the shitheads in this town.

mum and dad keep getting on my nerves too this week. constantly asking me to do shit like no fuck off?? i don't understand myself sometimes, like why does my brain have to work the way it does. they were both out the house by the time i left for school meaning my bad mood was delayed slightly which was probably best for everyone that was gonna encounter me this morning. i had a large baggy band tee on over some black jeans, followed by a hoodie and a green flannel shirt over that. i grabbed a cadburys breakfast bar to eat on the way to school.

when i arrived on school property it was heaving with bodies. barely anyone on their own, all huddled in their designated friend groups by a car or two. the cullens were there as usual, including jasper. that's another thing that's been irking me all week. jaspers not around but he's always looking at me. whether he actually is or whether our eyes just catch eachother at the wrong moment i don't know but i can't go anywhere on school grounds without feeling like somethings watching me. either Jaspers stalking me or im fucking paranoid.

TIME SKIP
lunch was admittedly my favourite part of the school day as it signified the very very near end to my suffering. i went to grab a tray by the salad bar but my whole being collided with another very solid, cold being. id either just crashed into a beam or Mr Hale himself. as i pulled myself away i noticed an apple fall off the counter and somehow roll up his legs and into his hands. the fuck? "did you know the apple is the most noble of all the fruits?" jasper asked.
"well hello to you to" with my tray clutched under my arm i went to turn around. "wait" there was a pause "please". i turned to look at him, the pain that usually laced his face didn't seem so 'painful' today. "what i said last week"
"what about you not wanting to be friends with me?" i spat. today had suddenly gotten a lot worse. "yeah that. look it's not that i don't want to be friends with you Alex, because believe me i do. it's just that i can't."
"why's that then" my grip on my tray grew tighter and tighter. "it's not safe"
"bullshit"
"what?"
"that's a bullshit excuse to not be friends with someone."
"you don't understand. i'm not a safe person to be around."
"oh well neither am i. yanno most sane people don't make a habit of getting themselves admitted like once a year." i snapped. slightly too loudly as a few people in the queue turned around to look at us. silence fell on us both, but his eyes never left me as per usual. "i have theories you know"
"theories?" jasper questioned.
"yeah about the crash"
"i'm intrigued"
"steroids, radioactive spider, therianthropy"
"so you're telling me you think i'm either on drugs, i'm secretly peter parker or i'm a werewolf?" the last word brought back the painful look on his face, like it was made of lemons. "well you tell me then. what did happen." instead of answering he stormed off in a childish strop.

Jasper's POV
i went over to my siblings and I usual table, the apple i'd collected now a pulp inbetween my fingers. "he had the audacity to accuse me of being a dog" my teeth were gritted together so tight i was starting to worry incase they turned to dust. Emmet just burst out in laughter. "this isn't funny. how dare he compare us to that swine"
"hate to say it brother of mine but you can be a biiiit of an animal sometimes" emmet replied, nearly a ball of laughter on the floor. before i had a chance to squash emmet like i did with the apple, i felt the hands of my brother edward grasp at my shoulders, yank me out of my seat and pull me out of the canteen.

Alex's POV
after my brief encounter with Jasper id lost my whole appetite. i placed my tray down on the pile and trudged over to Maddi and her group of friends. "what was that all about?" jessica asked.
"nothing." i spat, sending her and everyone else evils. i felt Maddi's had grasp mine under the table and give it a squeeze. i squeezed back signifying that i was fine. she knew i wasn't. she always knew i wasn't. but she'd never tell. i somewhat zoned out only giving the odd nod and 'yeah' as participation to the conversation. it was then when something caught my attention. when THEY caught my attention. when i looked over i noticed the larger brother Emmet laughing like hell and Jasper being dragged out by edward. the two females sat in silence.

"so what dyou say?" i was brought back to conversation. "what do i say about what?" i replied. Maddi smiled at me, "coming to La Push with us all at the weekend"
"uh yeah that sounds alright i guess. i know some people who live there so." Eric returned from getting his lunch and exclaimed way too loudly "La Push babyyyy La push!" he sat down next to angela, his smile way too bright for me.  looks like i'm going to the beach this weekend. fun.