Chapter 3: A Royal Pain in the Aft

3rd Person POV

Pacific

"What the bloody Hell is going on?" Striker wondered as Shoukaku flew down to her sister's side.

"Zuikaku, are you alright?" she asked worriedly.

"I'm fine," she replied. "But seriously? A maid? Is this some kind of joke?"

"I assure you, it is not," Prinz Eugen said. "This is Belfast, the second ship in the Edinburgh class of light cruisers from the Royal Navy."

Great, fancy schmancy ships, Striker thought.

"Despite her looks, she is still a legendary warrior of the seas," Eugen went on. "Do not underestimate her."

"Thank you, Prinz Eugen of Iron Blood," Belfast replied. "Always a pleasure to cross paths with you. Though I did not expect the two of us to be meeting on this journey."

Again, what?

"Neither did I," Eugen replied. "But since we are both here, it would be good to settle grudges away from Iron Blood and Royal Navy." Her two shark hulls snapped at Belfast.

In response, Striker's shark hulls returned the favor.

"I make no objection to this proposal," Belfast replied, glancing to the side.

Following her gaze, Striker saw several cruisers and battleships sailing toward them. "Guess this party's heating up."

"So it would seem," Eugen acknowledged.

"Isn't that Warspite, Hood, Edinburgh, Sheffield, and Queen Elizabeth?" Shoukaku asked nervously.

"I would like to remind you," Belfast said, getting everyone's attention. "We never fight at less than full force."

"Really?" Striker deadpanned. "Of all the cool catchphrases, you used that?"

Belfast just shrugged.

"It's the main Royal Navy fleet," Enterprise said in awe.

"Let us know when you've made your decision," Belfast said.

Eugen sighed. "I suppose it's best to quit while we're ahead."

"What did I say?!" Z23 yelled. "I expect apologies from every one of you who did not take my warning seriously!" Huffing, she stormed off, Ayanami following and casting a hesitant glance back at them.

Laffey waved at her, and Ayanami sailed off.

Landing on one of the Siren ships, Eugen nodded at them. "We will meet again, Azur Lane. As will we~" She winked at Striker before turning and walking off as the Siren ships pulled back.

"You've got to be kidding me," Striker complained, then turned to Zuikaku and Shoukaku. "Guess I'll see you at the next fight?"

"Do you even take this fighting seriously?" Zuikaku demanded in disbelief.

Striker shrugged. "That answer your question?"

"Unbelievable," Zuikaku muttered, and, flying over to her sister's carrier, sailed off, both she and her sister wondering as to why Striker had truly let her live.

Striker was wondering the same thing, but before he could pursue that train of thought, his senses tingled, and he turned to find many of the Royal Navy ships aiming their weapons at him.