Chapter 11: Orochi

3rd Person POV

Pacific Ocean

Wind blew steadily across the sea as the two massive fleets faced each other, guns gleaming in the sunlight as waves crashed against their hulls.

"All units!" Enterprise shouted. "Fire at will!"

"Eviscerate them!" Empress commanded.

Both sides charged toward each other as the thunder of guns echoed across the water, Striker and Enterprise leading Azur Lane with the Destroyers, the Iowa sisters, Purifier, and the Cruisers following close behind.

Behind them, Dreamweaver hovered in the air, controlling her mass-produced ships and sending them sailing in behind the Cruisers, guns blazing.

Staying back, Hornet and the other Carriers launched dozens of planes into the air while Warspite and the other Battleships opened fire, shelling the Siren ships from a distance as they closed in, Omitter at their head while the Empress stayed back with ten High-Class Sirens at her side.

"This is the end for you!" Omitter shouted and charged Striker as the Battleship streaked toward her, sword at the ready.

Aiming her turrets, she fired, sending a barrage of shells at Striker.

Grinning, Striker ducked out of the way, revealing Enterprise, who fired her bow, sending a hail of gleaming arrows to intercept Omitter's shells.

"What—" Omitter barely managed to dodge one of Enterprise's arrows just in time for Striker to jump into the air, kicking her back and hovering across from her.

"How did you...?" Enterprise trailed off.

Striker grinned. "Let's just say I picked up a few tricks." Darting toward her, he sidestepped a blast from Omitter and dashed forward. His sword flashed through the air, trailing fire....

And Omitter's head went flying, her body disintegrating into ashes.

"Let's go!" Striker shouted.

Enterprise nodded at him, and the two of them dashed toward the enemy as multiple Sirens flew toward them, guns blazing.

"Open fire!" Iowa shouted. She, Jersey, and Tester fired, taking down several ships.

One Siren flew at Wisconsin, guns aimed, but before she could fire, something tapped her on the shoulder. Turning, her eyes widened as she found herself staring down the barrel of one of Missouri's guns.

"Mahala, mother—" She fired, blowing the Siren apart.

"Ew!" Wisconsin whined, wiping off part of the Siren's rig as it landed on her. "Missouri."

"Sorry, little sis," Missouri apologized before turning and aiming her guns at a trio of Siren ships. With a sound like thunder, her guns fired, sending a barrage of armor-piercing shells slamming into the Siren ships, sinking them.

Dodging laser fire, Laffey, Z23, Z1, Javelin, and Ayanami charged toward the enemy Sirens' east flank. "Let's do this!" Ayanami shouted, deflecting a laser with her sword.

Z23 and Z1 nodded, and the two Destroyers launched a barrage of torpedoes into the water, sinking five Siren ships and a Carrier as Laffey and Javelin launched torpedoes as well, sinking several more.

Flying over waves of gunfire, two Sirens divebombed Kaga and Akagi, but before they could strike, Zuikaku and Shoukaku intercepted, slashing off their riggings with their swords and causing the Sirens to crash into each other.