Chapter 12: Explanations

3rd Person POV

Atlantic

After disposing of the remains of the Siren fleet, the Eagle Union, Royal Navy, Sakura Empire, and Iron Blood—all under mutual agreement—decided to head to Azur Lane, seeing that it was the nearest facility.

As they sailed through the sea, Striker led the way, his sisters' ships around him while Purifier, Dreamweaver, Tester, Orochi, and Hornet stood on his deck.

"So," Hornet said, turning to Striker, "can you please explain how you got kidnapped, disappeared for a day, then came back with your sisters, whom you thought were dead, and three Sirens? And then the Orochi turns out to be an ally?"

"It's just Orochi," the Battlecarrier interjected. "Not sure where this 'the' came from."

"It's a long story," Striker replied in answer to Hornet's question. "I'd tell you now, but I'd better wait until we get back to base. That way, I'll only have to explain things once."

"If you say so," Hornet sighed, tilting her hat. Smiling, she hugged him. "I'm glad you're back."

Grinning, Striker returned the gesture. "Likewise, Mate."

"So," Orochi spoke up as the two broke apart, "are you two a thing now?"

They glanced at each other. "Um...."

"Idiot, you're supposed to ask them after they make out, not after a huge battle," Purifier chided, smacking Orochi upside the head.

"For once, Purifier has a point," Dreamweaver mused.

"For once?!" Purifier complained, then paused. "No, that's fair."

Striker coughed awkwardly. "Anyways, Dreamweaver, can't you just open a portal to the base from here and save us all the time?"

The white-haired Siren shook her head. "No. My powers are still drained from the battle. It will be several days before I can do that again."

"How do you do those portal things anyway?" Hornet asked.

"Long story," Tester replied.

Seeing that she wasn't going to get an answer, Hornet sighed and looked out at the ocean ahead of them. As Striker's ship cut through the sea, she thought back to what Orochi had said and blushed. Unbeknownst to her, Striker was thinking the same thing.

Timeskip brought to you by Striker and Hornet being as dense as Jaune

Arriving at the Azur Lane base, all the injured were quickly taken to the infirmary, the repair ships of all four factions working side by side to help them.

After the wounded ships were carried off, Wales called a meeting of all the main factions to discuss terms prior to the battle.

As of now, Wales, Enterprise, Cleveland, and Hornet stood on one side of the room, representing Eagle Union, while Queen Elizabeth, Hood, Warspite, Belfast, and Illustrious stood beside them. On the other side, Bismarck, Friedrich der Große, Tirpitz, and Prinz Eugen stood beside their former ally, Sakura Empire, which was represented by Yamato, Nagato, Akagi, Kaga, Amagi, Shoukaku, and Zuikaku. And standing off to a third side were Striker, his sisters, Orochi, Dreamweaver, Purifier, and Tester.

"Right," Wales said, stepping forward. "I know we have just accomplished what could only be described as a miracle, and that we all need rest, but we will all sleep better with this underway."

"Agreed," Queen Elizabeth nodded. "There are several matters that must be addressed, such as the merging of our four camps once more."

"Ja," Bismarck agreed, pointedly not looking anywhere near Hood while the Royal Navy Battlecruiser did the same. "If vee are to be allies once more, vee need to address zis issue."