Chapter 15: Competitions

Azur Lane

3rd Person POV

Waking up, Striker stretched and glanced down at Hornet, who was curled up next to him. Smiling, he swung himself out of the bed and walked out to his ship's mess hall.

Walking to the counter, he opened a cabinet and pulled out some ingredients that he had borrowed from Nevada. As he poured the batter out for some pancakes, he thought back to the events of the past few days.

After they had gotten together, finally, Orochi and Amagi had often been spotted around the base talking with each other with smiles on their faces. It also seemed that they liked following Striker's and Hornet's style.

Flashback Start

"So let me get this straight," Hornet said as she and Striker walked down the stone pathways of the courtyard. "The celebration's in three days, and Wales put you and Purifier in charge of it?"

"Pretty much," Striker replied, putting his hands behind his head and stretching.

"Is she crazy?"

"Purifier? I thought you already knew that, Sheila," Striker teased with a wink, earning himself a punch to the side. "Okay, I guess I deserved that," Striker winced.

"You did," Hornet agreed. "And for the record, I was talking about Wales."

"If she's assigning Purifier to decorations, then Wales is as nuts as she is," Striker commented.

Hornet was about to reply when she spotted something on the beach. "Look." She pointed, and Striker followed her gaze to the beach, barely managing to hold back a laugh.

Curled into Orochi's side, her head resting against his chest, with her tails laid over them both, was Amagi, her parasol lying in the sands beside her as waves crashed against the surf, one of Orochi's arms wrapped around her.

Looking over at Striker, Hornet grinned. "Ya thinking what I'm thinking?"

Striker grinned. "Definitely."

Orochi was sleeping peacefully when he felt a wet feeling at his feet. Groaning, he opened his eyes, only to get a wave of water in his face.

He yelped and shot up, Amagi following and knocking into him, causing both to fall back to the beach.

"Have a nice nap?" Striker asked with a grin as he and Hornet set down a now empty bucket. "Seems this beach is becoming pretty popular."

"What the Hell was that for?" Orochi demanded. "And on a completely unrelated note, how long were you watching us?"

"Long enough to know that sticking ya in that closet was the best choice we ever made," Hornet replied.

Amagi's eyes narrowed dangerously. "Is that so?"

Striker shrugged. "Hey, what can I say? You two make a pretty cute couple." He pulled out a photograph and examined it. "Pretty realistic, don't ya think?" Striker asked, showing a photo of the two of them cuddled next to each other.

Amagi glared, and her rigging flashed, aiming at him only to find dotted outlines where Striker and Hornet had been as the two dashed away.

"Think that was worth it?" Hornet asked.

"Definitely," Striker replied... only to dodge a barrage of red energy blasts.