Chapter 9: Sirens

3rd Person POV

Azur Lane

Waking up, Striker stretched, feeling his bones creak from the day before. Guess that fight with FDG took a lot out of me, he mused, swinging off his hammock. Landing on his feet, he walked up to his deck and checked his turrets. He cursed. "Damn, Sheila." Both of his forward primaries had some light damage, and two of his secondaries were near inoperable.

Sighing, he looked around and saw Vestal walking down a pathway below. "Hey, Vestal!" he called.

She looked up. "Striker?" she asked in confusion. "You're back?"

"You seem mighty disappointed there, Sheila," Striker teased. "Seems like all of you want me gone lately."

"Very funny," Vestal replied and examined his ship. "What happened?"

"Just a spar with FDG," Striker replied.

"I see... wait, what?!" Vestal yelped. "You went into combat with one of Iron Blood's strongest?!"

"Pretty much," Striker admitted sheepishly. "Anyway, you got any idea how long it'll take to get the ship repaired?"

"That depends on what damage you have," Vestal replied.

"Light damage to the primaries, and two of the secondaries are out," Striker replied.

"I see. In that case, I'll get some Majuuns to start repairing your ship."

"You mean those chicken things?" Striker asked.

Vestal nodded. "Yes. It will take them at least two hours, depending on how bad the damage is."

"Gotcha," Striker replied and jumped down. "Well, I'd better go and give an update to Wales. See ya, Sheila." With that, he turned and walked off, Vestal shaking her head.

Timeskip brought to you by Vestal losing her mind about Striker

Walking down the stone pathway to the academy, Striker looked around at all the shipgirls milling around him. Why can't things ever be simple? he wondered.

Shaking his head, he walked around a corner and was met with the sight of Enterprise storming off from the academy.

"Won't you have breakfast first?" Belfast called, standing in the doorway.

"No, thank you," Enterprise replied.

"Enterprise, I insist," Belfast begged. "If you want to lead a healthy human life you need breakfast. It's the most important meal."

"Got that one right," Striker agreed, walking up as both shipgirls whirled around.

"Striker?" Belfast asked in surprise. "You're back early. I thought you wouldn't be back until later today."

"Siren fleet wasn't much trouble," Striker replied. "And Enterprise, you really should listen to Belfast. Breakfast is definitely the best meal of the day."

"You mean the most important," Belfast corrected.

"That too."

"Just stop!" Enterprise snapped, catching them both off guard. "I'm not an idiot. I know I'm not human. No reason to pretend otherwise." With that, she stormed off.

"What was that about?" Striker asked, turning to Belfast.

"She doesn't understand," Belfast murmured, shaking her head. "I've been trying to get Miss Enterprise to understand that she is more than just a weapon, but she will not listen. I thought I had made some progress, but after the cube incident, she's becoming more like her old self."