Chapter 16: Finale

3rd Person POV

Azur Lane

Striker winced as he rubbed his shoulder. "Damn, Sheila, what did I ever do to you?"

Hornet shrugged. "Eh, I finally got payback."

"For what?" Striker complained as he faced Hornet, the two of them sitting at the edge of her Carrier's deck. "Why the heck would you and Amagi A: Bomb the Hell out of us, and B: Blast us through the mirror seas and back?"

Hornet shrugged. "Cause it was fun. That, and Amagi wanted to get a little bit of revenge for sticking her in a closet."

Striker just shook his head. "Of course, she did. By the way, you ready for the celebration?"

Hornet rolled her eyes and nudged him playfully. "Course I am. The question is, are you ready?"

Striker grinned. "Born ready... unless I have to wear something fancy."

"Hey, if I'm gonna be wearing a dress, you can at least try to dress fancy," Hornet pointed out.

"Fair enough," Striker conceded and stood. "Well, don't let me keep you."

"Why? You sad I don't want you to stick around?" Hornet asked with a teasing grin.

Striker returned the grin. "Nah, just don't want your sister to kill me for not being prepared."

Several Hours Later

The time for the celebration was just two hours away, and Striker was standing in his captain's quarters, examining his outfit.

Just before he could put on the new outfit, he heard a knock on his door. "Come in."

The door opened, and Orochi entered.

"Hey, what's up, Mate?" Striker asked, seeing the look on Orochi's face.

"I... need some help, little bro," Orochi admitted.

"Again, just because your ship's bigger, it doesn't mean that you're older," Striker countered. "What's wrong?"

"I... I have no idea what I should wear for the celebration," Orochi said sheepishly.

"You can't borrow mine," Striker said. "I'm wearing it."

"That's not what I meant," Orochi sighed.

"If you need to go shopping, you should ask Yorktown or Friedrich," Striker said. "They can help you. Come to think of it, Yorktown actually helped me pick mine out."

"How'd that go?"

"Um..."

Flashback Start

"If you're going to take Hornet to the celebration, I'm going to make sure that you're dressed appropriately," Yorktown said, an evil gleam in her eye as she, Striker, and Enterprise walked down to where the commissaries were.

"I hear ya," Striker said and glanced over at Enterprise. "To be honest, I never took you as one for shopping."

"Well, when it comes to my sister, I tend to do whatever is necessary," Enterprise replied.

"Tell me this doesn't mean I need to get fancy," Striker asked pleadingly.

"It does," Yorktown replied. "And you will go through with this. Unless you want to back out, that is."