dance competition

Friday

Y/N POV
Tomorrow's dance competition. I've been training like crazy for the past 2 days, and that's what saved me from being yelled at by mom. I had to go to the studio from 1 pm to 9 pm. Luckily my mom wants me to be the best dancer so she didn't have a problem with that.
Today I have rehearsals all day, from 7 am to 7 pm. Today mom decided to watch my rehearsals, to see if I was behaving of course. I'm always nervous when she's watching. I feel like I have to do my best.
I tried to hide from her the fact that I had competition this weekend so only Nonna would see me but of course she found out. She called the studio to ask when we were going to have competition to organize her schedule... That only gave me a really good yelling from her.
"Why didn't you tell me about this competition? Do you not want me there? I'm the one paying for your dance and yet you act like I don't deserve to watch you! Idk why the f you're acting like a brat lately but you should stop before you regret it!"
Well mom, I do not want you there for obvious reasons that only YOU can't see.

Dance rehearsal

I'm rehearsing my solo now and I notice mom's recording me. She treats me like an animal everyday and when it comes to dance she acts all proud and shit.
But tomorrow this all will end. After dance competition I'm gonna be free from this living hell.

Saturday

Today's the big day. Dalton and Alison would spend the day together and meet me, mom, Nonna and Frankie at dance competition's in the evening.
In the morning mom woke me up, this time with kisses all over my face. Geez that woman bipolar.
- Good morning bubba. - she say pecking my cheek.
- Morning momma. - I said stretching and yawning.
- I cut some fruits for breakfast. You can't eat much today or else you'll be bloated tonight.
- Okay thanks mom.
We ate breakfast and then mom and I took a nice bath together. She washed my hair and then we stayed quiet for a while. Her hugging me and I hugged her back enjoying this rare moment. God let's go to dance competition every weekend shall we?
We got out and she dried and brushed my hair, chose my clothes, braided my hair, packed my suitcase the only thing left for her to do was brush my teeth but thankfully she allowed me to do that myself.
After that we went to Nonna's. We picked her and Frankie up, and mom's hairstylist, and went to the place where the competition will happen. It was four hours away. When we get there she does my makeup while her hairstylist does my hair.
- Y/N, remember to go out there and do your best. First place is what you deserve. You have a name out there, people expect you to win. But most importantly, I expect yourself to win. You worked hard, don't waste it. - mom said kissing the top of my head.
- Y/N, don't be nervous because of Ariana. Go out there and have fun. You're talented no matter what. - Nonna said when mom went away to talk to Frankie.
- Good luck Y/N/n, I'm sure you'll do great! - Dalton said hugging me.
- Good luck sissy. - Alison said hugging me.
- Thanks guys.
They went to the audience except Frankie.
- So... another dance competition of my favorite niece will - he said winking at me making me laugh.
- Frankie! Alison's your niece too...
- Yeah but not my favorite. - he said hugging me - go out there and be yourself. Don't look at Ariana, look at me and Nonna okay? We're here for you and we're proud of you no matte what.
- Thanks Frankie. I love you
- Love you too babygirl - he said pecking my head - remember you're already a winner - he yelled going to the audience.
I sigh. I know I act like I don't care about mom's opinion but I do. And a lot. I want her to be proud of me. Until now I won first place almost every competition, I'm pretty good at dance. But the few times I won 2nd or 3rd she would say things that made me sad. She would say "well next time work harder, your technique was awful out there, i'm impressed you even placed" or "at least know your mistakes and make sure they don't happen next time. you have a name out there, and you losing doesn't only make you look bad, but me aswell". Funny how everyone thinks we're a happy family...
Well, mom, Dalton and Alison are a happy family, I'm not a part of it most of the times.
Finally it's time for us to perform. We start with the dance groups, then the trios, the duets and then solos.

Awards

- And on 1st place, with a perfect score of 300 points, something that almost never happens, we have....
I'm so nervous, thinking I didn't even place at this point, I'm not a perfect score performer. I'm literally about to cry because I worked so hard on this solo...
- Y/N GRANDE WITH "ON THE MOON". CONGRATULATIONS. - he said and I went to the middle of the stage to get my trophy.
- Thank you so much.
When the awards are done I go running backstage and see everyone there waiting for me. I hug them all and we go out to dinner.
When we get home mom comes to talk to me before we, well they, go to sleep.
- I'm so so proud of you bubba! A perfect score, I never imagined that! You deserve it babygirl. - she said hugging me so tight I almost gave up of my plan.
- Thanks mommy. - I hug her back and she kisses my forehead.
- Goodnight baby.
- Night mom.
I turn off the light and stay awake until it was 1:30 am. Usually everyone's asleep by this time.
Now's the perfect time.

———————
Next chapter ya'll find out what you gonna do. Hope you're enjoying 🤍