competition

Justin and Jason's age: 15

Y/N's POV
Today is a big day for me. I'm dancing at nationals and I have a solo. This is a huge competition and I've been working really hard to win 1st place.
I'm dancing a lyrical piece, the song is hostage by Billie Eilish and the dance is also called Hostage.
Mom, Dad, annoying Alison, Nonna, Grandma and Frankie are all gonna watch me aswell as Justin my bestie. He'll maybe bring Jason, his boyfriend.
Mom is freaking out right now and it's still morning.
- Okay baby go shower.
Mom says patting my back guiding me to my bathroom.
- Okayyy, calm down mama.
She chuckle and kisses my cheek. I take a nice warm shower and dry myself. When I go to my room to dress up mom's still there organizing my suitcase.
- Geez mom, no need to put all of that makeup.
I laugh and she raises an eyebrow.
- Y/N, this is maybe the biggest competition you ever been to. Of course I'll take all of this makeup.
- Okay, okay!
I put my arms up in surrender. I'm probably looking funny now cause I've got one towel wrapped around my body and one on my wet hair with my arms up surrendering.
- Okay get dressed baby!
- Uh, can you leave?
I ask shyly and she looks at me with an empathetic look.
- Baby I'm your mother! No need to be shy! I'll turn around ok?
I nod and she turns around. I put a big dark blue T-shirt and white leggings.
- Done!
I smile and she turns around smirking.
- That booty tho.
She says winking at me and I gasp.
- MOM!!! You said you wouldn't look!!!
I yell laughing at her and she walks towards me. She hugs me.
- Awww baby, I wouldn't but you took too long and I thought you were finished.
- It's okay.
I smile slightly and she pulls away from our hug putting each hand on one of my shoulders.
- I'm so so proud of you Y/N. This is a huge thing for you.
- I know mama. Now help me dry my hair pweaseee?
I look at her with my puppy eyes and she chuckles guiding me to her bedroom.
- Yayyy!
I jump and hug her when we get there.
She smiles and blow dries my hair slowly, being gentle not to pull my hair. Usually when she dried my hair when I was little she wouldn't mind that and pull my hair a lot.

Flashback

Age: 6

- Come on Y/N, we gotta go I need to do your hair.
Mom said and I slowly walked to her with my head down. She always hurt me when she dried my hair.
I sit on the chair and she starts blow drying my hair. It had a lot of knots and she was pulling really hard.
It got to a point where tears were running down my cheeks but she didn't seem to care.
- STOP MAMA IT HURTS!
I yelled and she stopped looking at me with a hard glare.
- You yell at me again and you'll have a real reason to cry again little girl.
She said gritting her teeth and that was enough to make me just sit there trying to hold my tears as she finished my hair.

End of Flashback

- Y/N/n, what's wrong?
Mom asks has a concerned look and just then I realized I had a sad expression on my face.
- N-Nothing. Just nervous.
I smile a bit and she puts the dryer away and kneels down to face me.
- You'll do great babygirl, and no matter what happens I love you ok?
I nod and stand up.

A few hours later

It's 5 pm now and I'm dancing in about one hour. My parents and Alison are backstage with me. Mom finally finishes my makeup.
- You look amazing baby!!!
Mom says and I smile.
- Awww Y/N, you look awesome!!!
Dad says hugging me.
- You'll do great. I love you babygirl.
- Love you too dad!
Justin and Jason appears and they run towards me.
- WOW WAIT A MINUTE, WHO DID THAT MAKE UP??? U LOOK FLAWLESS!!
- Thanks Justin, and mom did it.
I laugh a little and hug them.
- You look pretty Y/N!!!
- Thanks Jason!!
I smile shyly. I never met him before since we don't go to the same school. We used to go when we were little tho.
- O.M.G!!!!
I hear a yell and turn around to see Frankie, Nonna J and Nonna coming towards me.
- U LOOK AMAZING!!!
Frankie yells and I laugh hugging them.
- You look like you about to kick some ass on stage. - Nonna says. She's a badass.
- Hopefully Nonna!
- MY granddaughter is about to kick everyone's ass.
Grandma says. I call her Nonna sometimes cause I got used to it when I was a toddler. Mom would call out for Nonna and Grandma would say something right after so I always thought she was Nonna.
Everyone was wishing me good luck when there was 10 minutes left and so they could go and sit on the audience.
- Alison, aren't you gonna wish your sister good luck?
Mom said glaring at her and she huffs and wishes me the lamest good luck ever.

They all go and soon it's time.

Well, let's dance.

—————————————————

Hey guys sorry for taking too long to update, but here it is!!!

The competition idea was from Mirren2
There's more to it but it was a long chapter so I'll finish it on the next ones 😉

Lmk what u think!!! 💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛