Chapter 1

At King Cross Station

The King Cross Station was crowded as always. People were rushing to catch the train to get to their desired places. Hermione pushed her cart forwards with her parents along her side. Her cart was loaded with her huge trunks carrying her books, robes and other necessary things. After a few minutes, she came to a halt and turned to her parents. They hugged her and bid her goodbye. She hugged them back and with a smile disappeared through the wall.

The Hogwarts Express was ready to leave in a few minutes. Everyone was boarding the train. She was so glad to see people bidding goodbye to their children happily. After Voldemort was defeated, all the misery was gone from the wizarding world. All the death eaters were imprisoned by the Ministry of Magic. Some were even given dementor's kiss. Though many things changed after the war. Professor McGonagall became the head master of Hogwarts and Hermione's year's students were invited to attend their last year as they were not able to do so the last year.

She scanned the whole station to find her best friends. She suddenly spotted Ron in the crowd. It was quite easy to find him because of his red hairs which can be easily recognized. She waved her hand at Ron, who in return, waved back at her. She started pushing her cart towards him and as she was nearing him, she spotted Harry and Ginny coming from the other side.

She practically jumped at Ron and Harry.

"Easy Hermione" Ron chuckled.

"Hermione, you're squeezing me" Harry laughed at the same time.

"Oh shush. I've missed you both so much" Hermione smiled slowly pulling away from them.

"Hey, that's rude. I'm standing here to!" Ginny pointed to Hermione.

"Oh of course, Gin. How can I forget you?" Hermione said pulling Ginny into hug.

Just as the friends were talking about their vacation, there was whistle heard from the Hogwarts Express, which meant that the train is almost ready to leave.

"I think we should board the train first or we are going to end up standing on the platform and missing our last year" Ron said to the group.

"Yeah I think that's a good idea" Hermione smiled and indicated them all to move towards the train.

They all started walking towards the train. Everyone boarded the train and it was Hermione's turn to step up. As she was stepping up, her eyes spotted a blonde boy at the furthest corner of the station. Then she realized he was none other than Draco Malfoy. He kissed his mother a goodbye and boarded the train. He was looking so calm that nobody could tell that he was a death eater once. Suddenly her thoughts was broken by a voice,

"You planning to stay down there?" Harry asked raising his eyebrow.

"Uh...no. Sorry I got lost in thoughts" She said climbing up the train.

All four of them found an empty compartment and decided to sit in there. They all entered the compartment and took their places.

In the Slytherin Compartment

Draco opened the compartment in which Blaise was already seated. He made his way in the compartment and took his seat opposite to Blaise. As soon as he took his seat, the compartment door re-opened and revealed Pansy and Theo, who eventually took their seat in the same compartment.

"So, how's life?" Blaise asked to no one in particular.

Everyone turned their heads to him but ignored the question. When Blaide didn't get any reply, he turned his heads towards Pansy.

"Oh please. Don't ask" She shook her head in annoyance.

Now, he turned his head towards Theo.

"Shitty" He said in frustration. Blaise nodded in response and gradually turned his head towards Draco.

"Fucked up" Draco responded without showing any emotion. "What about yours?"

"Terrible" Blaise responded showing his disgust in his voice.