Chapter: 25

Mason

"Alpha they've crossed the border again." Zach informed me as he shifted from foot to foot, nervously. I growled in frustration and slammed my fist onto the desk.

Carlys little pack of mutts have been sneaking around on my territory lately, surely looking for a weakness in the defenses. We haven't been able to catch any of the slick little mutts yet but that's going to change very soon.

"Also, we caught her scent on the territory this time." Zach added. I didn't need to be told who 'her' was. I raised my eyebrow in surprise. I couldn't understand why Alpha Jones would risk sending in his freshly made mate and Luna into enemy territory.

I frowned and sat back in my chair, arms crossing over my chest. Carly wasn't a very good with anything related to war so I had no idea why Jones took the risk. Zach sat down in the chair across from me, watching as I tried to come up with an explanation.

"Now why in the world would Jones send Carly into the territory?" I asked out loud, asking Zach for his input. Zach frowned and clasped his hands together.

"Well she knows the territory so he might have sent her in to help figure out the border routine." My beta offered. I contemplated this but ended up shaking my head.

"No that's not why. They have been sneaking in for weeks now, they must already know the routine." I answered, growing more frustrated. We both sat in silence for a few moments, trying to figure this out.

"I just can't seem to understand why Jones would send Carly in, it's not like she can do anything that his warriors aren't capable of." Zach said, running a hand through his hair.

That's when it clicked. My eyes narrowed and my jaw clenched.

"Actually she can." I spoke up, continuing when Zach gave me his attention. "Carly is capable of picking Aidens scent out in seconds. They've been sneaking around the territory trying to find Aiden." I growled, clenching my fist.

Realization flashed in Zachs eyes.

"That must mean that they plan on attacking, to get him back." The beta pieced together. I narrowed my eyes.

"We'll be ready for them." I answered.

....

Carly

I sat in mine and Xaviers bedroom, staring at the wall, chewing on my lip in worry. I glanced at the clock on the bedside and sighed when I realized that only five minutes has passed since the last time I had checked.

Xavier has been in his office for the last two hours going over the final rescue plan for Aiden, his team locked in there with him. Xavier and wouldn't let me in with them, thinking that I would sneak off and try to be part of the mission if I knew the plan.

I sighed and ran a hand through my blonde hair. I stood up and paced the large room, picking up and putting away anything that didn't belong. Eventually I collapsed onto my back, closing my eyes and letting the worrisome tears slide down my face.

' Calm down love, everything is going to turn out fine, I promise '

Xaviers voice popped into my head so suddenly I jumped. I had forgotten that Xavier can feel every thing that I can through the mate bond.

' I know that. I can't help but to worry. '

I replied. Xavier sighed through the bond.

' Have faith in me my little mate. '

I slightly smiled at this. I did have faith in Xavier, so much that it was nearly scary. I crawled to the middle of the bed before lying down, closing my eyes and letting sleep wash my worries away.

..

I awoke to the feeling of arms wrapping around me, sending sparks throughout my body. I shivered and turned into the feeling, reaching out to grab Xaviers shirt, pulling him closer to me.

I smiled and slowly opened my eyes. The first thing I saw was a tired, yet handsome, looking Xavier staring down at me. His blue eyes stared into my own, causing my heart to swell.

"Every thing down to the last detail has been thought out, every thing is going to work out." Xavier whispered as he stroked my cheek. I sighed happily and leaned into his touch.

"I love you." I whispered. Xavier sucked in a small breath, hugging me tighter.

"I love you too." He answered. I tilted my chin up, staring at him, inviting him to kiss me. When our lips touched a harsh shiver wracked my body and my wolf howled in joy.

Xavier growled, deep in his throat, rolling so that he hovered over me. I wrapped my arms around his neck, tangling my hands in his soft hair. Xaviers hands began to slide down my body, stopping when he reached the hem of my shirt, tugging at it.

I let him slip it off of me, watching when be broke the kiss to get rid of his own. I ran my hands down his body, taking in the glory of my mate. My hands roamed the hard planes of his back as he kissed me, pulling away to kiss my mark, causing me to shiver.

I knew where this was leading but I also knew that I was ready for it to happen, by the end of the night my mate and I would finally be one.

..............................................................................................................................................

Hi guys (:

So I've been getting a lot of comments lately about Carly and Xaviers relationship. Just to clear things up, Xavier isn't 'settling' for Carly, he loves Carly and he has loved her since before any type of a romantic relationship was started. I just hate reading comments that say that Xavier is settling for Carly. They both love each other and they fell in love with each other without a mate bond, so to me that's even more special.

Anyways, rant over, haha. So I don't have internet at my house at the moment so updates might be more spaced out now. Hope you enjoyed and thanks for reading!

- Katelynn (:

P.S. I decided to post a picture of how I see Aiden, he's to the side (: