Chapter:12

*Masons POV*

I gripped the clear glass in my hand tightly before tilting my head back and ridding it of it contents. The whiskey burnt my throat as it went down but I welcomed the familiar feeling happily. It takes a lot more to get a werewolf drunk then it does a human but I have never had a problem with accomplishing the task.

I let out a sigh and kicked my feet up onto my brown desk. I have been spending a lot of time in my office lately, practically going out of my mind looking for Carly and Aiden. A few more leads have been discovered but none of them have panned out, much to my frustration. Zach and I had gone down to check out the lead on my SUV but it turns out that the car had just been dropped off outiside of the place, without a note or anything.

We had also attempted to trace the phone call that Carly and I had but that didnt work either. I was gettingso frustrated with everything that I had finally decided to make a desperate move and contact other alphas. I had typed up the email last night and sent it this morning. The email was explaining the situation and asking that they contact me immeditaley if they see them.

I had just poured myself another drink when the door to my office opened and in walked Zach. We took a seat in the chair that he always does and gave me a look which I have grown used to, a look of disappiontment. I rolled my eyes and took a swig.

"What do you want?" I questioned rudely. Zach scoffed and crossed his arms across his chest. I know that I dont treat Zach with the respect that he deserves to his face but in my head im very grateful for him.

"Did you send the email?" He questioned bluntly. I took another sip and nodded. Zach nodded back and stood from his chair, just about ready to leave the room, when sudden a loud cry sounded from somewhere in the room and it took me a few seconds to realize that it came from me.

A unbearable pain was radiating from my chest, crumpling me in my chair. Zach was by my side in an instance, his hand latched onto my arm and he attempted to help me from my slouched postion but movement only made the pain worse.

It felt like a part of me was being cut out with a serated knife.

"Mason whats wrong?" Zachs worried voice rang in my ear but I couldnt find the energy to respond to him. My brain was racing, trying to figure out what was happening. When Zach realized that he wasnt going to get a response from me he called out for my parents and I watched as they both rushed into the room, worried looks on their faces.

"What is it? Whats going on?" My dad asked, his loud voice breaking through my wall of pain.

"I dont know. Mason just started yelling in pain and scratching at his ches." Zach responded. I hadnt even realized that I had been scratching but now that I though about it I could feel a slight sting. I didnt bother to listen to the rest of the conversation because I was to busy trying to figure it out.

It was like a part of my soul was being taken from me. Then I knew. A loud growl escaped my lips, causing the rest of the people in the room to stop and stare at me. Though I looked angry on the outside I felt like an emotional teenage girl on the inside. My eyes began to water but I pushed it away and clenched my jaw.

I pushed myself up from my chair and looked at my parents. I could tell that they had no idea what was going on but with a few simple words from me everything made sense.

"Well our search has narrowed, shes joined a new pack." My voice was hard and I watched as the surprise flashed across their faces. The pain I felt was Carly and Aidens pack bond breaking from me. I always feel a slight discomfort when I loose members of my pack but it was ten times worse seeing as Carly is my mate and Aiden my son.

"She didnt.." My mothers voice was a small whisper. I know that she loves Carly a lot but this was going to far, even for her.

"She did." I confirmed and watched as my mom sunk into my dads side.

"Were never going to find them now." Mom failed. My eyebrows shot up and I folded my arms across my chest.

"Yes we are. If anything this is going to help us. She couldnt have gone that far in such little time because she had to have convinved the pack to take them in. This is going to help us." I stated confidently thouhg I still felt crappy on the inside.

My mom gave me a helpless look and I gave her one of my small smiles in return. It seemed to help calm her down and soon after her and my dad left the room. As soon as the door shut behind them I turned to Zach and gave him a look.

"I want you to start contacting all of the local packs, by phone, because if they took them in then they arent going to be willing to give her up. Write down anyone who sounds even the slightest bit suspicious." Alpha mode was kicking in and Zach could tell.

Zach nodded his head quickly before scurrying out of the room when I barked at him to do so. A sigh left my mouth as I sunk into my plush chair. I ran a hand through my messy hair before dropping my head into my hands. I wasnt used to having to deal with this much stress.

Not only have I been searching for Carly and Aiden but I also have my wolf on my case twenty four seven. He whines and yells at me for everything that I have done conserning Carly. My wolf is utterly in love with Carly and her wolf and it pains my wolf because I didnt mark and mate her right away.

It is actually a good thing that Carly and I arent mated because if we were we wouldnt be able to be away from eacthother for more then a day without uncomfortable pains and eventually death. I was happy when I first met Carly but then I realized that I didnt want to be tied down with all of the responsibilities that came with a mate.

When Carly got pregnant I couldnt be happier. I had always wanted a son and though I was, and still am, young I was simply happy. I know that having a child takes more responsibility then a mate does but for some reason I was much more excepting of that.

I know that Ive made many mistakes in my life but I have only started to regret them recently.

.....................................................................................................................................................

Hey guys! Sorry that the chapter is so short, I just wanted to get something up. Mason is to the side. Anyways hope you enjoyed and thanks for reading (: