Chapter:7

*Carly's POV*

Two weeks have passed since the phone call and I was still a bit shaky. Loud noises caused me to jump and whenever the doorbell rang I would get the urge to hide. I knew that it was all somewhat ridicules, being so afraid of everything, but I couldn't help it really.

The good thing though is Xavier. He has been practically glued to my side for the last few days, always making sure that I felt as safe as possible. I found it strange that my new alpha had become so protective over me but I didn't question it because I honestly needed the company, and not to mention the fact that Aiden has taken an extreme liking to Xavier.

Aiden has asked about his father a few more times since the first but for the most part he is having fun where he is at. Gracie along with Faith and I have become a good set of friends since I arrived. Whenever I need to get away from Xavier and his watchful eyes I go to the girls and we always do something fun, I still haven't told them much about my past but they don't mind.

My past. I have been sharing a lot of that with Xavier. He now knows pretty much everything there is to about where I came from, who was there and how I was treated. Honestly I would have expected him to run away from me with his tale stuck between his legs because my past is anything but a happy story but he simply listens to what I have to say and provides comfort when it is needed.

Collin on the other hand is still a bit weary of me. He's polite but he just hasn't warmed up to me like everybody else has, I don't know why either. Gracie says that its because he takes a while to warm up to strangers. I have gotten slightly familiar with a handful of the other pack members, seeing as how I do live in the pack house.

I have also managed to become good friends with Seth and Noah. I was a bit shy around them at first but once they got me to open up it was all smooth riding from then on. I'm almost as good of friends with the two of them as I am with Gracie and Faith. I haven't received anymore phone calls from Mason but I know that he is looking for us and that he is probably getting closer everyday.

I was currently sat in the large kitchen of the pack house watching Melinda make lunch. Melinda is Xavier and Gracie's mother. She is a very kind women in her early forties and we have been getting quite close also. She has been teaching me new things in the kitchen and when Aiden becomes to much for me to handle she is always more then happy to watch him for a little while.

I watched as Melinda darts around the large kitchen, gathering the ingredients necessary to finish the meal. I heard a small squeal come from my right and turned my head just in time to see Aiden come stumbling into the room with a large smile on his face. I was about to ask him what he was doing when suddenly Xavier comes rushing in after him, arms outstretched, ready to snatch the little one up.

"Help mommy!" Aiden was able to call before Xavier came forward and scooped him up into his arms. He lifted Aidens small body above his head before lowering him down again. Aiden was laughing gleefully and I couldn't help but to smile at the sight. As I said Aiden had taken a liking to Xavier.

Xavier finally lowered Aiden and placed him on his hip before walking over to us. He smiled at me and his mother before taking a seat on the chair next to mine.

"Hey ladies." Xavier greeted as Aiden wiggled around, arms outstretched toward me. I chuckled before reaching out and plucking him off of Xavier's lap. Aiden immediately relaxed into my arms and laid his head on my chest, a obvious sign that he was rather worn out from his day of playing with Xavier.

Xavier must have noticed this because he stood up and reached his hands out for Aiden.

"I'll take him up to bed if you want?" Xavier questioned. I smiled while nodding my head before carefully handing over the tired toddler. I watched as Xavier and Aiden disappeared from the room. Turning back the Melinda I saw that she was also looking at the spot which her son had just disappeared.