Chapter : 33

Carly

"Carly! Carly wake up!" A voice broke me from my sleep and I was disoriented as I was violently shaken.

My eyes shot open and I wildly glanced around. Xavier was hovering over me, a worried expression on his face, his hands on my shoulders.

"Xavier what's wrong." I croaked, my voice tight from sleep. Xavier frowned and pulled me to my feet. I stumbled slightly but managed to catch myself before I fell.

Xavier began to throw clothes at me and I struggled to catch them.

"Put those on." He ordered. My eyes widened but I did as I was told and quickly changed into the jeans, long sleeved shirt and hoodie he had thrown to me.

Xavier grasped my hand in his and pulled me out of the room and down the hall, to Aidens room.

"Xavier what's going on?" I questioned angrily just before we entered the room. I had pulled us to a stop and I wasn't planning on continuing until I got some answers.

Xavier sighed and cursed under his breath, his hand tightening around mine.

"We're under attack."

Three simple words that made my heart stop in my chest. My breathing became labored and my vision blurred.

Xavier was in front of me in seconds, his hands on my shoulders, looking into my eyes.

"Carly I know your scared love but we don't have time for this, you need to get Aiden dressed into something warm and we need to get you guys to the safe house." Xavier's firm voice broke me out of my fear induced coma.

I weakly nodded my head before pushing past him into the room. Aiden was peacefully sleeping in his bed and I gently lifted him out and placed him onto his dresser.

"Mommy?" Aiden questioned, his voice sleep ridden, as he pealed his eyes open.

"I'm right here baby." I reassured him as I began to undress him. I threw his pajamas into the hamper and grabbed warmer clothes, practically the same outfit as I had on.

Once he was dressed I picked him up and secured him on my hip. Xavier took my free hand and ushered us down the stairs and outside.

The night air was chilly and nipped at my exposed skin. If I didn't know any better I would say that it was a normal night, but I did.

I knew that the battle was taking place miles from here and soon enough, if Mason had his way, it would be here.

Xavier pulled me along with him, to a small house only five minutes from the pack house. He rushed us through the door and led us into a back bedroom, into the closet.

I frowned in confusion and watched as he pulled open a hidden latch on the floor. My eyes widened in surprise and I could hear multiple voices below.

"All the women and children are down there. It's our safety room, made for attacks like this. You and Aiden are going to go down there, lock the door and keep it locked until I come back for you, understood?" Xavier's voice was harsh but I knew it was because he was worried.

I nodded my head quickly and watched as he slightly relaxed.

"Good, now go." He ordered. I was only half way down when he stopped me. "And don't ever forget that I love you more then anything." Xavier's soft voice filled my ears as he lightly kissed me.

"I love to too." I answered right before he closed the hatch. I immediately spotted the large lock and bolted it shut.

The last remaining steps were easy and soon enough I was met with about a hundred pairs of eyes.