Chapter: 14

*Carlys POV*

"Oh you look nice baby." I cooed to Aiden as I straightened out his dark blue v neck and fluffed his hair.

"Thanks momma." He beamed at me, pulling away so that he could do an unstable spin for me. I laughed and caught him when he tilted over, kissing his cheek.

Melinda walked into the room, a diaper bag and her purse all on one shoulder.

"You ready to go to the zoo buddy?" Melinda asked as she crouched down beside Aiden. The little boy nodded his head excitedly before jumping up and down.

Meinda had offered to take Aiden to the zoo today and after a little bit of convincing from her I had said yes. Melinda and I have gotten a lot closer over the last three weeks. Ever since our srangely tender moment in Aidens bedroom we have gotten so much closer and now I see her as a motherly figure.

"You two have fun." I called to Melinda and Aiden after we had said our goodbyes. I had asked Melinda if I could tag along with them but she had turned me down, saying that I needed some rest.

I sighed once they were out the door before turning on my heels and bumping right into a hard chest. My eyes widened as I felt myself begin to fall only to have Collins arms wrap around my waist and steady me.

As soon as I regained my balance Collin and I shot away from each other like we had been shocked. I awkwardly cleared my throat and looked anywhere but at him.

Though he no longer hates me I still can't say that Collin and I are friends. Though I see him often we hardly speak and when we do it is simple small talk.

"Xavier wants to see you in his office." Collin told me as he straightened out his shirt. I nodded my head and allowed him to lead me there.

If Xavier wants to see me in his office then it means that something important has happened concerning Mason.

Simply thinking his name sent a shiver down my spine.

Xavier was seated behind his wooden desk and when We walked in his head snapped up and he gave me a small smile.

"Thanks for coming Carly." Xavier started. I nodded and took a seat in one of the two chairs in front of the desk, Collin in the other.

"What's happened?" I questioned, getting straight to the point. Xavier sighed and ran a hand through his dark hair.

"These are being sent to all of the packs around the nation, along with personalized phone calls." Xavier admitted as he handed me apiece of paper.

A picture that was taken about two months ago was plastered on the paper. In the picture Aiden was happily clinging to my neck while I stared down at him with warm eyes. The picture was one of my favorites and it was almost perfect, minus the fact that Mason was stood besides me, towering over my frame, his arm wrapped tightly around my waist.

I stared at the picture with sad eyes. We all looked so happy in the picture, but it was just an illusion.

I sucked in a shaky breath before reading the writing under the picture.

Missing: If sighted please contact Mason Grey of the blood bound pack.

I shook my head angrily before placing the paper back on the desk and looking to Xavier. He was staring at me with worried eyes.

"What do you mean personalized calls?" I questioned, crossing my arms over my chest.

"It means that he had been calling every pack personally." Xavier answered. My eyebrows shot up. Mason making personal phone calls, no way.

"Has he called you yet?" I asked and when he nodded I continued. "And what did he say?"

"He just said that his mate and son were missing and that if they were to pass through my territory to give him a call." I could hear the anger in Xavier's voice.

I could feel the anxiety building in my body and had to take a deep breath to relax.

"Okay." I answered, pushing back my chair and standing up.

"Where you going?" Xavier asked, standing up and meeting me at the door.

"I need a nap." I said as I gently rubbed my temples, I felt a headache coming on.

............................................................

Hey guys! Sorry it took me so long to update, I start school again soon so I don't know when my next update will be.

- Katelynn (: