Chapter : 31

Carly

These last few days have been filled with preparations. Xavier and I have been working hard to try to straighten things out with the surrounding alphas.

Xavier has made a personal phone call to every last one of them, trying to explain the situation and whatnot.

I'm not exactly sure what kind of lies Mason has been pumping into them because they all had an extremely hard shell to break. Xavier was able to convince two out of the three alphas that he wasn't lying.

It actually took a lot of speaking on my part, I had told them about how Mason had treated me and that it had been my decision to leave him.

Though Mason now only had one pack on his side I was still extremely nervous about it. I know how Mason is and he will stop at nothing to get what he wants.

So along with the calls Xavier has been having extra training sessions with the pack warriors, preparing them for the attack that we all know is coming.

Somehow word of the attack had leaked out to the entire pack and Xavier and I have been reassuring men and women alike that we are prepared.

Alpha Wyatt left shortly after he arrived. I couldn't tell him enough how much of a help he had been, if it wasn't for him then we would have had no knowledge of the attack at all.

"Mommy!" Aiden called as he ran into the room, breaking me from my thoughts.

I smiled down at him as he climbed onto the bed with me. I scooped him up and held him against my chest, looking down at his adorable, grinning face.

"Well hello to you my baby." I told him as I brushed his smooth cheek with my pinky. Aiden smiled and relaxed against me.

I had been watching a movie on the tv in our bedroom, well trying to at least.

Aiden didn't say anything, he simply cuddled into me and placed his ear against my chest, listening to my heart beat.

This brought a smile to my face because that is something that he has loved to do since he was a baby.

I gently stroked his smooth hair and tried to concentrate on the movie.

"Mommy?" Aiden questioned, his voice sounding tired.

I looked down at him and a smile tugged at the corners of my lips.

"Yeah?" I answered. Aiden seemed as if he was having trouble keeping his eyes open and I found it adorable.

"Why doesn't daddy love us?" His small voice spoke. I felt the smile slowly slip fade away and my eyebrows pulled together in a frown.

I held Aiden closer to my chest and sighed. For some reason tears pricked at the corners of my eyes but I pushed them away.

I slowly straightened up and lifted Aiden so he was facing me.

"Aiden, your daddy loves you so much. I know that sometimes it may not seem like it but your daddy loves you." I told him slowly, trying to convince him.

Aiden balled his hands into fists and rubbed his eyes tiredly.

"But daddy took me away from you mommy, and he hurt you." Aiden ended in a whisper, his bottom lip wobbling.

I continued to stroke his hair, trying to calm the emotional toddler.

"Well baby, sometimes people do things that they don't mean to do and sometimes people get a little bit to mad but just because daddy does that doesn't mean that he doesn't love you." I tried to explain to him the best I could.