Chapter:6

*Carly's POV*

My body was frozen but my mind was going a mile a minute. Did he really mean what he said? That he would find us? Of course he did, he's Mason, he doesn't joke around.

I could feel the eyes of every person in the room on me, I knew that they had heard the conversation and I also knew that I was about to be on slotted with a thousand questions.

"Was that him?" Xavier's voice spoke out. I glanced to my new alpha to see that he looked calm but I could see the rage underneath. I gulped and slightly nodded my head. Xavier cursed before getting to his feet and walking to me.

He placed Aiden in my lap and as soon as my little boy glanced up at me I hid my fear with a fake smile.

"Mommy?" Aiden questioned as he placed a small hand on my cheek. I glanced down at him and nearly flinched when the features of the person I feared most stared right back at me. It's only Aiden, he may look like Mason but he will never be him.

"Yes baby?" I questioned quietly. Aiden smiled up at me, revealing his small teeth, before saying words that made me feel much better.

"I love you." A small but shaky laugh left my lips when my son told me this. Though it did make me feel better it was going to take a while longer for my heart beat to even out and for the fear to leave my body.

I glanced up and saw that Xavier was frowning while staring intently at Collin, having a conversation over mind link is my guess. Xavier's frown deepened before he looked away from his friend and connected his eyes with my own.

I watched as his icy eyes softened before he slowly walked towards me. He stopped right in front of me and I had to bend my head to look up at him. Xavier smiled reassuringly down at me before tilting his head towards the door.

"Take a walk with me?" He questioned. I slowly nodded my head before standing to my feet. I jumped a foot in the air when a hand landed on my shoulder from behind and I turned to see a sorry looking Gracie.

Gracie reached her arms out for Aiden and I hesitantly handed him over. With one last glance at my son I followed Xavier outside onto the large back deck.

Xavier was seated in a comfortable looking black chair that was facing the large forest in front of us. I sighed before sitting in the one besides him. We were surrounded in silence for a moment before Xavier broke it with a statement that I knew was only the start of many questions.

"I need to know about Mason." He spoke quietly. I sighed yet again and ran a hand through my blond locks. I stared out into the forest before beginning to tell my new alpha about my mate.

"His full name is Mason Grey and he's the alpha of the Blood Bound pack. He's nineteen years old and the best fighter I know. When I first met Mason I was fifteen, he was seventeen and he immediately recognized me as his mate. He was so good to me at first, so caring, like a mate should be, but then after a couple months he started to change. He became rude and bossy, always telling me what to do, and he started up with his player ways again.

I didn't know at first but I caught him one day. I was heartbroken and I didn't want anything to do with him anymore. I tried to tell Mason this but it didn't end well, that was the first time he hit me. After that he.." I trailed off but one glance at Xavier and I knew that he understood what I meant.

" He didn't mark me though. A few weeks later I found out I was pregnant. I was so scared. I was afraid that Mason would finally reject me and his baby but he didn't. Mason was so happy when I told him, he was ecstatic. Things were good during my pregnancy, Mason didn't hit me, didn't say or do mean things to me, it was great and when Aiden was born it continued to be that way for a few months.

He started hitting me again when Aiden was about six months old. I was crushed because I thought that he might have changed, and that maybe he loved me now, but he didn't. He continued to play around with other girls and only used me when he needed to. The only good thing about Mason is his love for Aiden. He may be a cruel hearted jerk to me but he loves Aiden with everything he has, everybody does, and that's how I know that he's going to find us and take us back."

By the end of my story I had tears streaming down my cheeks. Talking about Mason hurts me and makes me practically shake in fear. I squeaked when I felt hands wrap around my body and I watched with blurry vision as Xavier easily lifted me from my chair and brought me to his own.

He gently sat me on his lap before hugging my body to his and murmuring soothing things into my ear. For a moment I was frozen, not used to this kind of comfort, but I quickly got over my shock and hugged him back.

And that's how I stayed for who knows how long, receiving comfort from a man that I hardly know, but it really didn't matter because for the first time in a long time I felt safe.

...............................................................

Hey guys! So first off I would just like to say how sorry I am! I know that it took me forever to get this chapter done but I had major writers block. It was like every time I came to write this my mind went blank. So again sorry about that but I hope you enjoyed and thanks for reading!(: