Chapter:28

Carly

"Im going to go see Collin." I told Xavier the next morning, after we woke up.

Xavier lazily looked up at me and nodded.

"I'll watch Aiden." He told me, giving me a pointed look when I opened my mouth to protest.

"Fine." I pouted, walking over to kiss them both. I sighed as I walked out of the bedroom. The pack infirmary was located in the left side of the pack house and as I walked in I took in all of the injured men.

Though our pack had been successful in rescuing Aiden we had about twenty serious injuries.

Most of the men were sleeping when I walked into the infirmary but the few that were awake nodded their heads and respectfully gave me a "Luna."

I smiled back at them, thanking them for fighting, as I made my way to Collins bed.

When I peaked my head around the curtain I saw Collin laying in his bed, looking extremely grumpy. I was surprised that Gracie wasn't present.

"She went to take a shower." Collin answered, practically reading my mind.

I nodded and walked into the small space, taking a seat on the chair next to his bed.

We sat in somewhat awkward silence for a few moments before Collin spoke.

"Is there something I can help you with Luna?" He questioned. I pursed my lips and shook my head.

"No. I just wanted to see how you were doing. After seeing what happened to Gracie yesterday I just wanted to be sure that your injuries weren't to severe." I answered, wringing my hands together.

Collin didn't answer and when he did his word surprised me.

"Xavier should have killed him, you know."

I blinked in surprise, his words processing. I looked down at the floor. It wasn't that the thought of Mason being dead hurt me in anyway but it did make me feel something, what I don't know.

"Does that bother you, that I think that?" Collin asked after observing my reaction.

"No." I paused. "It doesn't bother me but it makes me uncomfortable." I answered honesty, not really knowing why I was telling Collin this.

He frowned and tilted his head, as if he were trying to figure me out.

"And why is that?" He asked, his eyes boring into the side of my face.

I pursed mg lips and thought over the question. Why is that? I didn't have a reasonable answer, if I'm being honest.

"I'm not sure, exactly. Though he wasn't good to me Mason was my mate for a long time and he's the father of my son, though I hate him that does mean something." My answer was long and slightly confusing.

I could tell that Collin didn't understand.

"So you still care about him?" Collin continued his onslaught of questioned.

I frowned deeply and wrung my hands together, the question making me uncomfortable.

"No. Not in the way your implying at least. I love Xavier with everything that I am so don't doubt that for a second." I began, my voice taking on an edge.

Collin raised his hands, as if he were surrendering.

"I wasn't doubting that Luna." He reassured me. I nodded and took in a deep breath.

"I don't care about Mason but I don't want him dead, if that makes sense. I feel nothing for him anymore, not even fear, but I don't think that he deserves to die."

I couldn't see to understand why I was having this conversation with Collin and not Xavier but the words seemed to easily fall out of my mouth.

"He abused you for years though, don't you think that he should be punished for that?" Collins voice had taken on an edge, as most men's did when the topic of abuse came up.

"I do think that he needs to be punished but not by being killed. Though I would like for Xavier to be the only father that Aiden knows that's not the way it is. Aiden will never forget his father and killing Mason would only hurt my son in the end."

My answer surprised me. This was the first time that I had actually thought about any of this. It seems like with all my worry for Aiden and my newly created bond with Xavier my mind has been occupied with other things.

Collin was silent for a good minute or two before he spoke again.

"He's the one who did this to me you know." He said, gesturing to his beat up body.

I lowered my head, somehow feeling ashamed of my ex mates actions.

"Though I hate him for putting not only me but my mate in this pain as well I can understand what you are saying." Collin admitted.

The corner of my mouth twitched up after he admitted this to me. It had seemed like Collin didn't like me when I first arrived here but with this simple conversation I felt us growing closer.

I nodded my head, showing him that I agreed with his words, when the curtain was pulled back and Gracie walked in.

A smile lit up her pretty face when she spotted me in the chair and she was quick to pull me in for a hug.

"Carly! Im so happy to see you. Sorry I haven't been by since they got back." Gracie told me as she released me from her right grip.

I laughed lightly and stepped out of her way, so she could sit in the chair I was recently occupying.

"It's fine, I understand." I told her as I neared the curtain.

"How's Aiden?" She asked as she intertwined her hand with Collins, smiling lovingly at him.

A large smile graced my face.

"He's good, almost as happy to be back as I am to have him back." I joked, smiling when Gracie and Collin chuckled.

I watched as a mischievous smile took over Gracie's features, her eyebrows raising slightly.

"Speaking of well being, how is Xavier?" She questioned, a cheeky tone filling her voice.

I frowned in confusion.

"He's good too." I answered. Gracie giggled.

"Well I would think so since you guys finally got it on, you know, sealed the deal, did the nasty -"

My cheeks were burning bright red as I stopped Gracie from speaking further.

"Stop! Stop talking right now!" I squealed, my voice getting higher.

Gracie was full out laughing now and I could see Collin trying to hide a smile.

"Okay, I'm leaving now, bye!" I rushed out, throwing the words over my shoulder as I sped away from the couple.

My cheeks were still bring as I climbed the stairs up to our bedroom and even when I opened the door, walking in.

"Your sister is so -" I began but let my words trail off as I got a look at Xavier.

His elbows were rested on his knees, his head in his hands, his back slumped.

"Xavier ... what's wrong?" I questioned, worry seeping into my body.

I quickly made my way to him, sitting right besides him.

His words left me confused.

"Sophia."

..................................................

Hey guys (:

So new chapter, haha, what did you think?

Hope you enjoyed and thanks for reading (:

- Katelynn (:

P.S - not edited.