7. Dinner

"Kids, dinner is ready" Jay shouts from downstairs, I hear a lot of doors open and close, guessing it's his siblings craving food.

I pack my bag and make my way down stairs

"I should get going, let you eat in peace" Louis nods at me and just as I'm about to open the front door, Jay interrupts.

"Ohh Harry, join us for dinner, will you?"

"Harry was just about to go home"

"Yeah, don't want to disturbe the family dinner"

"Oh no, don't play that card with me, you aren't disturbing anything. The girls love you and so do I, we haven't seen you in years. Let's catch up"

I look at Louis, a little uncomfortable, considering that we haven't been friends for a long time. Oh and that he is one of my bullies.

"Ehh...sure... why not? Let me just text my mom" I put down my backpack again and sent a quick text to mom. "Do you need help with the table?"

"Everything is set up already"

We take a seat, all the Tomlinson siblings smiling at me and greeting me, except Louis.

"so Harry, spill!! How was it, have you meet some new people?"

"Uhh it was great. I really enjoyed my time there, learnt a lot both from school and the people in the industry I got to know. Met a boyfriend there"

"Ahh what a shame, always hoped you would end up with one of the Tomlinsons" All the people in appropriate age, that being Lottie, Louis and fizzy ,even tho she is younger but maybe she has a crush on me, who knows, got as red as possible. I just smirked at their reaction

"Well, we broke up, so hope still exists" I smile at her and I can tell she loved my answer.

"Why did you and Lou stop being friends" phoebe asks, ending the peaceful silence.

I look at Louis to get a reaction. I have no idea if he has actually told them everything or just lied.

He looks at me panicked. Eyes wider than ever, I think I actually saw the color disappear from him. Well there is my answer. Although, I'm still debating wether to tell the truth, it would be a good payback, or should I just beat around the bush. Everyones eyes are on me, most of them curious, expect Lottis knowing ones and Louis scared ones.

"Uhh... drifted" I hear Louis breath out and see Lottie shaking her head, but I continue " we just drifted and started hanging out with different people, you know?"

"But I like you more than zayn, phoebe says" that actually made me genuinely happy. Knowing that his family at least prefer me over that dickhead. I still have no idea to why Louis choose him. Except for me being a nerd. That may be it.

"Zayn is..." I have no idea how to continue my sentence, but every is waiting for an answer "... cool? Yeah he is cool, I think, that may be why Louis hangs out with him" now it's Louis turn to look confused. Well I am to, I have no idea what the fuck I'm saying

Phoebe now turns to Louis instead " isn't Harry cool enough for you?" This girl really has a sixth sense. I just cross my arms and wait for his answer. Giving him a knowing look. Knowing that's exactly why he stopped hanging out with me.

"No... no, that's not it!" Louis tries to save himself. But even Jay looks unconvinced.

"Harry is cool, veeery cool, he just used to... you know..." he doesn't finish his scentence, but Jay seems to put two and two together, now it's her time to cross her arms

"No we don't Louis, explain" her tone itself makes me nervous, let's not even talk about the look she gives him. Instead he turned to look at me, and if looks could kill I would be dead. I have no idea why tho, I literally did nothing, even kind of lied for him.

"Did you or did you not stop hanging out with Harry because ha wasn't" then she did the bunny ear thingy with her fingers "cool enough"

That made him turn his look away, sparing my life, and turn to Jay with a sad look instead. The tension could be cut with a knife, and I shifted uncomfortably in my seat. Lottie looked at me and mouthed 'so sorry' I just smiled in return, letting her know that she has nothing to be sorry for.

After no answer from Louis, Jay stood up. "Louis William Tomlinson" shiieettt... the full name, can't be good. "I taught better of you, you may leave the table" he just looked down "Now! Louis" she said calmly yet sternly. Well this dinner sure took a turn.

As he made his way up, ha made sure of giving me one last look of hate. I will sure be hearing of this tomorrow.

"Ohhh Harry my dear" oh here comes the pity. Great. "If I only knew... if I only knew I would have-" I cut her off very politely.

"Sorry, but there isn't and wasn't anything you could have done, me and Louis kind of drifted in a way... maybe not on the best terms but it is what it is. I had Niall, and he supported me through everything, so I wasn't alone. I don't blame any of you" I stopped for a second, not sure if I should say the following "not even Louis"

This made all of them turn to me, except the pair of twins that weren't interested in our conversation anymore, and decided to play with their food. Jay didn't have time to tell them off, she was to busy focusing on me.

"WHAT?!" Lottie almost screams "After everything he has done, every beat-" she stops herself after I give her a stern look "after he just left you I mean, how could you not blame him"

"Don't know... just... yeah, guess I always knew it wasn't fully him" I looked down ashamed. Sure, I wasn't very happy with him, he wasn't my favorite human on this planet after all the hurtful words and beatings. But deep down I still remember all our memories before that. They are slowly fading tho. Sadly.

"Well let's talk about something more fun, how are you liking the new school fizzy" the three of them get the hint and we change subject.

After another 20 minutes I thank them for dinner and the evening before making my way back home. Even tho I would much rather just stay at the Tomlinson house were everyone is happy and accepting. But Ohhh daaad... here I come!

"I'm home!" I scream when entering