15. Confession

Harry

I explain everything to Jay, well I told her about the beating I got from my dad. But from mine and Louis behavior she figured that something was being kept from here, guess it's some crazy motherly instinct. Soon she knew everything about that night, and every other bad one, at home, not school, that's for Louis to tell.

After she had a cry and held me for at least ten minutes, she told me that she would talk to my mom and figure out a way to trick her into letting me stay with them for as long as possible. I herd her over the phone saying that Louis needed help with school and some personal issues, and that I was really good at helping him, even told her the two of us needed to catch up. Somehow she fell for it and let me stay with them however long I wanted.

That's the problem with my mom. I love her deeply, but she is to trusting, always seeing the best in people. That's why she can't notice what's been happening to me at home, trusting my dad to much and believing that everyone is a good human being. My father is a monster tho. He almost attacked Louis too. I never before stood up to him, but I couldn't let him hurt Louis.

Soon, Louis and I are making our way to his room, his mom helped him fix a sleeping place on the floor for him. I offered to take it, but both of them shut me down and told me that I needed a good night sleep. I have to admit, I haven't slept so good the last week, always having nightmares.

Louis lent me some of his clothes for sleeping, and soon both of us were drifting off to sleep. Me in Louis bed, and Louis on the floor.

"Harry" Louis speaks up, just as I'm about to fall asleep.

"Mhmm"

"What did you mean when you said your mother has been through enough with you"

"Forget it Louis" he doesn't of course...

"You said she didn't know about your father, what has she been going through then"

"You really don't want to know" I know he will find out, but for his own sake, it's better to just not know.

"It's fine if you don't want me to know, but I do want to, if your comfortable enough to tell me"

I let out a sight before answering "fine... but don't freak out"

"I won't"

"Well she doesn't know about my father"

"But what then"

"I'm getting too it, calm down" I let out a little laugh before continuing "as I was saying, she never knew about my father, her husband, and this has been going on for a long time, a couple of years now. Since I came out to them as Bi, before that he was really nice, supportive and funny, but when I came out to them it changed. My mother continued supporting me, but my father... my father started drinking. First it was only some hurtful words when he was drunk. Then it was hurtful words when he was sober too. Then it was hitting me when he was drunk. Then it turned to hitting me with he was sober."

I see Louis sad and sorry face, even tho it's completarla dark. I lay down on my back again and continue the storytime. Yey.

"I was hurt by him physically at least once a week, and mentally every day. But never when my mom was home, when she was around he would have put on a happy face, and so did I, playing the perfect little family. He would always say to me that I don't want to break her heart even more, and therefore I should keep quiet, and I did. She had already seen me broken to many times."

"How? How did she not notice the bruises"

"Well... that's where school comes in, around the same time as I came out to my family, people at school found out. Then I started getting beaten up at school too." I see him stiffen in bed, his breathing stopped.

"So multiple times a week she had to clean my cuts and take care of my bruises. If it weren't from school, it was from dad. But I always told her it was school, that I wasn't accepted for my sexuality... she offered me to change schools, but my dad always talked me out of it, knowing that both him and my mom would loose their jobs. So I just continued on with life. Yeah, so that's that, mom always came home after dad, so it gave him time to beat me up, say it happened at school, which sometime it did, sometimes not, and sometimes both. So the beatings at school made it easy for my dad to beat me at home. And now my mom thinks it stopped, considering I went almost a week without bruises, and gotten a lot stronger. She saw one last week after... yeah... but brushed it off, thinking I succeeded in defending myself. I just don't want her to worry again, she finally seems genuinely happy again."

There is silence for a few minutes.

"I'm so sorry Harry, but sorry doesn't cut it anymore" I hear him sniffle.

"I will make you this promise, I will make it my life's mission to make it up to you, I will promise you that"

We look at each other though the dark. The blue in his eyes lighting up the entire room.

"G'night harry"

"Night Louis"

And with that off my chest, I fall asleep fast.

—-

I feel his hand roaming my body, making their way down my pants.

"Stop please stop! PLEASE! STOP IT"

"Harry" I hear a distant voice

"Harry" it's louder now

Suddenly someone is shaking me. I start crying and try to squirm away from the persons tight grip.

"Shh Harry, it was just a nightmare.. your fine Harry, you'll be fine" I recognize that voice and calm down. Before I know it I'm sobbing into his chest. Louis. He is now beside me in his bed. Holding me and letting me cry. And I completely fall apart. It's hard keeping it all in. But I have done it for so long, I feel like I'm at my breaking point.

My taught is put on hold when I feel his fingers brushing though my hair. It calms me down and suddenly I'm not crying anymore. He slowly lays me down, laying besides me, still holding me to his arms. Hugging me tight. My head now resting peacefully on his chest and his hand still massaging my scalp, and combing though my hair.

"I'm here now, you are safe here, go back to sleep" slowly I'm drifting off to a nice sleep, with the smell off Louis.

Louis POV

I feel his breathing becoming slower and steadier as he falls asleep in my arms. I don't dare to sleep again. Being woken by Harry's heartbreaking screams, feeling his sobs through my body. I just want to make sure that he is okey. So I lay there, fully awake, holding this broken boy in my hands, trying to keep him somewhat together, letting silent tears fall down my own cheeks. Still massaging his scalp.