13. Song

Louis

I'm not sure if I dreaded going back to school on Monday, afraid of seeing Harry after our kiss. Or if I couldn't wait to go back to school on Monday to finally see Harry again after our kiss. It didn't feel too awkward outside the house after the kiss, but you never know. School may be different.

As I was walking through school, English lesson yet to start, I heard people whispering and looking at me strangely.

"Dude, EVERYONE, is talking about the kiss between you and Harry" zayn comes up to me, hitting my back in a friendly matter... it still hurt tho, so I hit him back and simply said "well, good for them"

"Ouch... not so hard mate"

"That's what he said"  he looks at me with shock

"What?" I ask then realizing. Shit. "I meant she, I promise! 'That's what she said' Didn't get much sleep last night" he just nods and walks off to his lesson. And just then the bell rings, warning us that we have a minute til class.

I walk through the door and everyones eyes turn to me, everyone but Harry's. He is sitting in our corner, full on writing. I make my way to him and put my stuff on the table, accidentally scaring him. He jumps up a bit and his eyes meet mine for the first time today.

"You scared me" ha says with a fake glare

"Sorry" I laugh.

When I sit down, eyes from the entire class are still focused on us, like we would start making out in the middle of the class. So I turn to him

"Why are people looking at us like that, it isn't like we are going to start making out in the middle of the class" he then looks at me and smirks, I can literally see a plan forming in his head. Oh no.

He comes closer, putting his big hand around my neck, pulling me closer. I freeze and have literally NO power left in me to push him away.

"Maybe we should" he whispers in my ear. I inhale a sharp breath of shock, in unison with the rest of the class, their jaws already on the floor. But when the teacher comes in and notices the tension she clears her voice. Harry doesn't let go. I still don't breath properly. The rest of the class still looks at us.

"Excuse me class, attention up here please" and at that Harry let go of my neck and turns to the teacher, with him, the rest of the class turn too. I don't tho. Still not getting what's happening.

"We could save it for later, don't worry" he says just before Ms Robinson starts the lesson. I slowly turn to her. What the fuck did just happen. And why does he have that much affect on me. I swallow hard, and soon we are back to writing our songs. But oh my, I still have to follow him home today to continue working.

—-

"So my parents aren't home yet, they should be at yours til at least dinner, right?" I just nod, remembering my mom making dinner for all of her guests.

"Mom left some money for pizza if you want, there is water and other drinks in the kitchen, feel free to get anything you feel like, and make yourself at home, I'm just getting some papers from my room then we can work at the dining table"

"Thanks" I say as he makes his way upstairs. I grab a water bottle from the fridge and sit down in one of the chairs, pulling my stuff out just as Harry comes down with some paper and notes.

"Is that your song? Is it finished?" I ask

"Uhhh.... kind of, maybe"

"Can I hear it?"

"Uhh... sure" he then picks up his guitar and makes sure it sounds good. Then his fingers start moving so delicately playing a beautiful melody, I'm having a hard time looking away, but when he opens his mouth and let's out the first words, my head shoots up.

I'm in my bed
And you're not here
And there's no one to blame
But the drink in my wandering hands

Forget what I said
It's not what I meant
And I can't take it back
I can't unpack the baggage you left

What am I now? What am I now?
What if I'm someone I don't want around?
I'm falling again, I'm falling again, I'm falling
What if I'm down?
What if I'm out?
What if I'm someone you won't talk about?
I'm falling again, I'm falling again, I'm falling

You said you care
And you missed me too
And I'm well aware I write too many songs about you

And the coffee's out
At the Beachwood Cafe
And it kills me 'cause I know we've run out of things we can say

What am I now? What am I now?
What if I'm someone I don't want around?
I'm falling again, I'm falling again, I'm falling
What if I'm down?
What if I'm out?
What if I'm someone you won't talk about?
I'm falling again, I'm falling again, I'm falling

And I get the feeling that you'll never need me again

What am I now? What am I now?
What if you're someone I just want around
I'm falling again, I'm falling again, I'm falling
What if I'm down?
What if I'm out?
What if I'm someone you won't talk about?
I'm falling again, I'm falling again, I'm falling

Firstly, DAMN that boy can sing.
Secondly, who the fuck hurt him?
Thirdly, that boy can really sing, like really!

"Harry t-that's..." I feel myself choking up, it was emotional as fuck and now I'm silently crying "that was beautiful Harry" he looks down at the guitar, I think I saw a tear run down his cheek.

"When did you write it?"

He looks up at me before answering, now I clearly see the tears, that may be why he sang the whole song with shut eyes.

"During the weekend" ha says with a sniffle.

I put my hand to his cheek and wipe away a tear with my thumb. "For real Harry, honestly, it was a wonderful song, and your voice... your voice is just... wow" he leans into my hand and we both smile.

Our moment is interrupted by the front door smashing open and suddenly his dad is standing at the entrance of the room, looking at us. Harry stiffens, and I can't feel his breath on my hand anymore.

"I knew you were fucking Louis" his father then says angrily.