Your Greatest Fear

Magnus and Alec were very content with just laying in bed and cuddling all day, and it was the first day in weeks that both Alec and Magnus could clear their busy schedules and they were determined to spend some well-earned time together.

"I could just lie here with you all day, but unfortunately, we need breakfast, so why don't you go and get dressed, and I'll make your favorite blueberry pancakes and coffee," Alec said to Magnus with a kiss on the nose.
"Alright, darling, how could I deny an offer like that" Magnus replied, voice still husky with sleep as Alec moved out of bed and into the kitchen.
No matter what anyone could say, he did not stare at him while he left (Well, maybe a little, but who could judge him).
Magnus was getting up to choose the outfit for the day when an annoying buzzing from the nightstand caught his attention; Alec's phone was getting a call from Jace.

"Hello, this is Alec's phone; how may I help you today,"
"Oh, Magnus, not the person I was expecting, but we need you as well," Jace said.
"Whatever do you mean, Wayland," Magnus replied, feeling rather confused.
"I know it's your day off and everything, but there's been a lot of greater demon activity, and the Clave wants us to investigate, but we'll need both you and Alec."

"Magnus, was taking you so long?" Alec asked, coming back into the bedroom.
"It appears there has been a lot of greater demon activity, and we're both need to help investigate.
"Well, I'll get dressed, I suppose," Alec replied with feeling rather disappointed.
"Magnus, hello, you still there?" Jace's voice came from the phone, and Magnus realized he hadn't answered.
"Sorry, yes we're both on our way, meet you at the institute," and with that, Magnus hung upon him.

"Sorry about our day off, darling, but at least we can go together, and theirs always tonight," Magnus said, wiggling his eyebrows ridiculously.
"Yeah, I know; I love you," Alec sighed.
"Love you to dearest, now you need to get changed, and I need to get fabulous" Magnus walked into the bathroom to put make-up on but not before giving Alec a short kiss on the lips.

Alec stood in the bedroom. He turned to look towards the mirror as his eyes flashed an icy blue; they did that when he feels defensive or scared but of what he thought. Something was off, He could feel it, but he didn't know what; he had a terrible sinking feeling, but he tried to shake it off and went and got ready.